50th of ABC

Mklonstage

Reaction score
Tonight on ABC's 50th anniversary special, they did a small segment on TGIF. Indluded in this amongst the shots you might excpect of Urkel and Michelle Tanner, were shots of Dinosaurs. Included were a shot of RObbie and Earl dancing, Baby hatchign from his Shell, Baby Sitting on Earl's head, I dont remember seeing any shots of Fran of Charlene though. I was quite excited to see these clips.:excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I was wondering if they did the Hooper's Death episodes part? Adn if they did, could I have that seen and the Dinsours?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i saw the abc special last night and i thought it was a great 3 hours...well less than 3 hours because of commercials. i liked the segment towards the end where they had peter jennings and ted koppel talk about some of their most memorable moments while covering the news. the tgif stuff was cool too. i forgot how the tgif song went....

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
But nothing about Muppets Tonight, huh? I missed the show.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"Are you saying moi am not Oscar material?"
"Oscar Mayer, maybe..."

They didn't do Hooper's Death because it was a celebration for ABC. Not PBS.

They did use that scene during the Daytime Emmy Awards on Friday, though.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
That was way cool to see the clip of Piggy at the Oscars.:cool:

That ABC special wasn't too special for me though. They gave my beloved Bewitched all of about three seconds screen time when it was the show that made ABC a credible network in the first place.:confused: :mad: :boo:

And of course not mentioning "Muppets Tonight". Come on! That was the best show to ever grace TGIF. But I suppose we can give them props for showing a clip from "Dinosaurs".:zany:

Stulz

Reaction score
ABC-History Lesson

ABC needs to learn about its own History. For a 3 hour show the first 2.5 hours were basically al about sports, emmys, and news.
the last 15 mintues had School House Rock, Daytime TV, TGIF, and a tribute to Series Finales.

Come on ABC, now your network sucks right now but a bit more thought could have gone into the planning stage of the special.If each half hour dealt with a certain time period then alot more shows woudl have been reconized.

I mean I LOVE MY-So-Called Life and all but it got more air time then the aforementioned Bewtiched, or even a mention of the Flinstones - the 1st prime time cartoon. Or even a mentin of their cable-sister stations.

A montage of failled-shows would have been nice too.

But all we got was Sports, Sports, News, More Sports, and a few Lame Cast reunions.

Although the Welcome Back Kotter reunion was one of my favorite parts of the show.

The NBC 75th Ann. Show a few years ago was MUCH BETTER!

More proof that ABC has become just a terrible terrible network since Disney gots it's hands on it.