30 Rock: TMS with humans

Frogster

Reaction score
This was first done by me at ToughPigs by me, thought I'd get your guys' opinions...

Ok, if I'm like the LAST Muppet fan on earth to notice this, then I apologize, but does anyone else notice how 30 Rock is a lot like The Muppet Show? Here's some similarities...

It's a show about a bunch of oddballs who really don't belong on television, trying to put on a show each week. They have guest stars and sometimes these people act like they don't wanna be there (usually it's because of Jack, Liz, or another character, nothing to do with hosting). Nobody (aside from Lemon) knows what they're doing, but in an odd way they make a cool family.

Liz Lemon- main character, the one trying to solve all the problems and keep people happy, and isn't afraid to tell people if an idea stinks or not. Isn't dating Jack, but there's been weird tension a time or two. She's Kermit

Jack- Thinks he's awesome, thinks he runs the show, thinks anyone finds him attractive. Really just full of himself, and when you really think about it, he's lucky. LOVES being right, being the boss, and giving advice (whether it's good advice or not). He's Piggy.

Tracy- Horrible comedian who thinks he's the best. I can't believe I'm about to type this, but he's Fozzie.

Jenna- Tends to do even weirder things than Tracy, and unlike Tracy she doesn't really have an already-established career background. She does bizarre commercials, plays and bits that nobody has ever liked. Thinks she's a hot chick, but what's up with that nose of her's? She's Gonzo.

Kenneth- The really sweet kid who knows his way around the theater. If anyone else was doing his job, that person would be considered a kiss-***. Although Kenneth's uncle doesn't own Rockerfeller Center, he's Scooter.

Pete- He's a pretty calm guy, the most 'together' person on the show besides Lemon. Funny, but seems to be kind of wise too. Wouldn't be surprised if he knew how to play the piano. Rowlf.

Frank- Animal. Need I say more?

Toofer- Can't stand Tracy, tells him what he's doing wrong all the time, thinks he's the worst part of the show and wishes he would leave (just like the rest of America). He's not old but he sort of reminds me of Statler and Waldorf.

No wonder this show is so popular. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would have never seen it like that but also i don't watch the show. At the moment i am watching it only becasue of The Anything Muppets having some small parts and for Matt Vogel, Carmen (can't think of last name) and Joey Mazinno. (can't spell either) Are spoused to be also in the show for a few minutes of this certain episode called "Apollo, Apollo." Hope everyone watches it. It's so far pretty funny.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Exactly! I have always thought of Kenneth parcel as being the scooter of the show! Nice "Miss Piggy" reference on last week's show by thew way!

And yeah! Liz is a Perfect Kermit!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Really apt comparison. I think Jenna also counts as a Miss Piggy (in addition to Gonzo), because she's such a diva and always has the need to hog :mad: the spotlight. (Wokka wokka!)

Considering last night's Muppet appearance on the show, it's clear they have appropriate respect for their ancestors.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Really apt comparison. I think Jenna also counts as a Miss Piggy (in addition to Gonzo), because she's such a diva and always has the need to hog :mad: the spotlight. (Wokka wokka!)
Yeah, I was thinking of her was Piggy too.

But Jack's a good match in a way more or less.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about 30 Rock last week, and was wondering if they where ever going to have the Muppets on the show. Well I think after last night my question was answered.

this is a little bit off the topic but is anyone else seeing how well the Muppets from both Sesame Street and the Muppet Show on being on NBC. I really think that when the Muppets get there own show it should be on NBC, just for the fact that they seem to have a true love for the Muppets

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about 30 Rock last week, and was wondering if they where ever going to have the Muppets on the show. Well I think after last night my question was answered.

this is a little bit off the topic but is anyone else seeing how well the Muppets from both Sesame Street and the Muppet Show on being on NBC. I really think that when the Muppets get there own show it should be on NBC, just for the fact that they seem to have a true love for the Muppets
It's doesn't hurt them that they've had a good relationship with Jim Henson over the years either...

dietrich

Reaction score
The problem with Liz Lemon is that shes let's the chaos completely overwhelm her and doesn't make a real attempt anymore to overcome it. Kermit almost always overcame the chaos.

Frogster

Reaction score
Eh, she tries but people do what they wanna do anyways.

Also, just like Fozzie, Tracy Morgan's top lip never moves.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tracy- Horrible comedian who thinks he's the best. I can't believe I'm about to type this, but he's Fozzie.
Tracy is a muppet all to him self. it's not so much he's a bad comedian... he's.... well... more Gonzo than Gonzo, Battier than the Count, and more frantic than Dr. VanNeuter.

I'd say he's all of the muppets at once and then some.