1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

25th Anniversary Follow That Bird Edition!

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by AAO, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Good point (Hits face with Pie) mmm pie!
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Aw hehe don't feel bad. I do wish when companies do that, that they provide some kind of extra material.

Featurette is usually a good word to hear (as is the case with this FtB DVD, hehe).
  3. dwayne1115

No this is a good pie me the Swetish Chef the Trash Heap from (FR) Oscar and Crazy Harry made it. The Trash Heap said there where to many cooks in the kicthen so Crazy Harry blew it up. Next thing i know I'm laying on the ground with a Dozzer stick in my ear and this wonderful pie on my face!
  4. heralde

Oh, well carry on then! ;)
  5. dwayne1115

Thanks i think i will oh BTW want some pie :crazy:
  6. AAO

AAO Member

I just hope that the featurette is well worth it. The "Jump to A Song" feature is not a "special feature" ... it's your DVD player being lazy for you so you don't have to go Chapter to Chapter.. HAAHA!
  7. heralde

Haha, well yes, lol. Still, sometimes I do enjoy having all the songs easily found, like in an ipod. ;)
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

So someone who apparently didn't care about the movie being on DVD for the past 10 years can see the shiny new slip cover and say... "WOW! 25th anniversary! I'm absolutely sure I didn't care about it until now." Considering how hard us Turtles fans tried to lobby them to make a special edition, even of just the first one, and even just to release it on Bluray, I'm pretty angry at them right now for that.

This better not be a repackage, and I agree...

Heh... know what bugs me? When the Special features include "Full Frame, interactive menus, select a scene, and color presentation of a color movie." Especially if the interactive menus are a way of saying, "you can click on screen to start the movie or to go to select a scene." It's a step up from video tape (not having to rewind/fast forward) and that's what's so special about it.
  9. Widescreen? I have some pre ordering to do.
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Whoa cool! I have to see this movie in widescreen!
  11. AAO

AAO Member

The overall tone with this film is so awesome. I really hope this DVD gives it the treatment it deserves!
  12. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

13. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

In the words of Krusty, "I think I just seltzered myself"
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Amazon seems to have a picture of the back of the box now, revealing the bonus features.

• An interview with Caroll Spinney (WHOA!)
    • Jump to songs feature (ported from the last DVD I take it)
    • Sing-along subtitle track (eh, okay I guess)
    • DVD-ROM downloadable coloring sheets
    • Theatrical trailer
    Nothing too special outside of the Spinney interview which is still pretty sweet!
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Bonus features could be better, but it's better than nothing.
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Man! Why do I even ask things at this point like why did they stick Elmo on the cover? :p At least they didn't stick Abby on their or something... :rolleyes: It's just misleading. *sigh*
  17. muppetfan89

muppetfan89 Member

can't wait to see Caroll's interview, but I wash there was interviews with the rest of the cast, as well a behind the scenes documentary. Other than that, I'm excited about getting this.

Overall, it seems like another kid-friendy DVD, but I kind of expected that, but it's still good, to see the interview, and that fulm is remastered and in widescreen.
  18. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm New Member

You know, I just happened to put Elmo in Grouchland in my Netflix instant cue so my daughter could watch it via my Xbox 360. Imagine my surprise when I noticed that IT WAS IN WIDESCREEN! So I guess a widescreen print must be available, just not on DVD.
  19. heralde

I bet there just wasn't that much behind the scenes footage to be found; people didn't tape home movies the way we do now. At least there is one interview! :wisdom:
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

And.... REALLY...

WideSCREEN! WHOAAAAhhhhh..... WhOAAAhhh.... (a dozen points to whoever gets that one)

An interview is as good as we can hope for, to say the least. DVD's of current movies have hours and hours and separate disks of 8 different making of features you never really get around to watching, deleted scenes that basically say, "In case you were curious, there's a scene that didn't need to be used here..." 20 minutes of actors forgetting their lines and tripping over props, and basically a lot of other stuff that screams, "Why did you bother going to see it in theaters? We pretty much just release these to DVD anyway" Indeed, new movies are made to have a short run in theaters before they make the real money.

But things like FTB, and others... all that stuff was junked and unless someone had a copy of something in their basement (Weird Al had a VHS of all the stuff cut from UHF, and that's the only reason it existed).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.