2013 Daytime Emmy nominations

Drtooth

Reaction score
It speaks volumes on the state of daytime television. It's a dumping ground of infomercials and judge programs. Not to mention cheap The View knockoffs.

I feel bad for the children's programming. Merchandising aside, it's got a bad deal. Children's programming is the most viciously overregulated thing out there, you have these various groups with their various agendas breathing down the network and sponsors' necks, in turn they breath down the necks of the show runners, if certain shows can't get a toy line (Green Lantern) or have a toy line that doesn't sell because the price point is too high (Thundercats 2011) it's gone... it gets NO respect unless it's educational, and sometimes barely then. They deserve the award more than anything lately (Judge Programming shouldn't be rewarded)...

and seriously, where are the Daytime Razzies? Maury Povich would get the lifetime achievement Razzie for sucking.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Did Kevin show up to the Emmy's event? I haven't seen him with any Sesame-related stuff recently, for obvious reasons. I feel for his own sake, he should continue to stay out of the Sesame Street focus until the whole thing blows over.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Did Kevin show up to the Emmy's event? I haven't seen him with any Sesame-related stuff recently, for obvious reasons. I feel for his own sake, he should continue to stay out of the Sesame Street focus until the whole thing blows over.
I don't think he was there. Otherwise, images of his appearance would be popping up all over the web.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I was thinking that, since I was surprised TMZ wasn't all over a story like that.

But, in this picture that The Mindset posted through this article you can see Kevin there, cut off, (standing next to Leslie-Carra-Rudolph). Is this picture from a previous year?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, that's from when they got the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2009.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I just watched it. Sadly no Sesame appearance. But I was happy that they showed pictures of Jerry Nelson and Emily Squares during the memorial piece.