2013 Daytime Emmy nominations

Oscarfan

Reaction score
http://www.emmyonline.org/mediacenter/daytime_40th_nominations.html

Sesame Street has 17 nominations; Pajanimals are also nominated.

The main thing I care about is the songs, which are "Belly Breathe" (which I knew would be nominated), the "Elmo the Musical" theme and the "Queen of Nacho Pichu" song from ETM Guacamole.

Also, for some reason, one of the roles Joey Mazzarino is nominated for is the Carson Daley spoof.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Everyday Health.

An outstanding children's series.

'Scuse me a minute.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If that piece of crap wins, there's no justice in the world. Just another lame Saturday Morning at 5 Am FCC lipservice show that no one watches or cares about so they can keep their licenses to broadcast infomercials the rest of the morning... and sometimes day.

That thing needs a Daytime Razzie if anything.

But happy as heck the new TMNT, Transformers Prime, Robot and Monster, Penguins of Madagascar, and WordGirl all have noms.

Vicki Fraggle

Reaction score
But happy as heck the new TMNT, Transformers Prime, Robot and Monster, Penguins of Madagascar, and WordGirl all have noms.
Penguins of Madagascar is an awesome series! I just watched "the penguin who loved me" on youtube. I adore Dr. Blowhole, glad he's back.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
And the Emmys go to...
  • Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series: Kevin Clash as Elmo
  • Outstanding Directing in a Children's Series: Ken Diego, Kevin Clash, Joey Mazzarino, Matt Vogel
  • Outstanding Writing in a Children’s Series: Joey Mazzarino, Molly Boylan, Annie Evans, Christine Ferraro, Emily Perl Kingsley, Luis Santeiro, Ed Valentine, Belinda Ward and John Weidman

Sesame Street also won Emmys in these categories:
  • Outstanding Pre-School Children's Series
  • Outstanding Achievement in Main Title and Graphic Design
  • Outstanding Achievement in Multiple Camera Editing
  • Outstanding Achievement in Sound Editing - Live Action
As you'd imagine, many news outlets are already hyping Kevin's two Emmy wins. Nonetheless, I heartily wish to congratulate him and all the Sesame crew, for all their wins and noms. :laugh:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Shame they didn't get original song; the nominated some good ones.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Matt's directing now too?

No wisecracks please: I get it, I'm out of the loop...

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, which backwater cable station actually decided to air this thing?

I mean, there's, what, like 2 soap operas now? That was the reason anyone even watched, to support their soaps.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
So, which backwater cable station actually decided to air this thing?

I mean, there's, what, like 2 soap operas now? That was the reason anyone even watched, to support their soaps.
It's been relegated to the Headline News network, which I believe is airing its first ever non-crime or Nancy Grace related program with the Daytime Emmys.