2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Maybe as a promotion, Walter "the world's biggest Muppet fan", will start posting on MC, TP, the Mindset, and call in to the MuppetCast! :sing:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Maybe as a promotion, Walter "the world's biggest Muppet fan", will start posting on MC, TP, the Mindset, and call in to the MuppetCast! :sing:
I love this - seems like such a no-brainer but i think you're the first to raise this idea...several months before the movie comes out, Walter should get real involved with the Muppet fandom community - i can also see him posting Youtube video responses to clips the same way Statler & Waldorf did when Muppets Studios started their channel.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, he lost his temper with Piggy in the park "You wanna walk, then go on walk!" and in MTM when everyone's nagging him about exploding socks. Those were the two times I was thinking of when Freddy mentioned Kermit losing his temper.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, but he doesn't always have to get angry. TMM, he wasn't angry at anyone, disappointed in himself and respectable when confronting Doc Hopper. Same with GMC... didn't blow up. A few "sheesh" moments here and there.

Where as in the context of the TV show, where things go wrong on occasion, him blowing up is very common. Had we a new show, I'd expect to see him going nuts then and there. he didn't do it all that much in MT, because that was Clifford's job... and trust me, he blew up a few times too.

Not that I can't see him getting angry in this movie, but it depends on the context. Sort of like in GMC and TMM (and to some extent MCC and MTI) his relationship with Piggy was a lot more mutual than in the series.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wonder if "The Muppets" Movie is filmed in 3D, like a lot of the Movies are now?
I guess the Muppets 3D attraction in the Disney Parks wont be that special anymore.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I wonder if "The Muppets" Movie is filmed in 3D, like a lot of the Movies are now?
I guess the Muppets 3D attraction in the Disney Parks wont be that special anymore.
If it is 3d I hope they do it a good way. Sometimes people have a tendency to overdo the filming when it comes to 3D

Beauregard

Reaction score
*appearing from the under compartments of MC* Hmm...I'm sure that it was confirmed by Jason as being not-3D...although I may have just imagined Jason saying that (its not the first thing I've imaged Jason saying...but we're not talking about that here.)

Bea:zany:{*disappearing back into the under-tunnels of MC*}regard

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
*appearing from the under compartments of MC* Hmm...I'm sure that it was confirmed by Jason as being not-3D...although I may have just imagined Jason saying that (its not the first thing I've imaged Jason saying...but we're not talking about that here.)

Bea:zany:{*disappearing back into the under-tunnels of MC*}regard
It's entirely possible they could convert the movie to 3D after filming, but i don't think that's the direction they're heading. It would water down interest in the MuppetVision attraction and themepark business is very important to Disney. They just reformatted MuppetVision too. But hey, if it sell tickets and gives the film more exposure then I'm okay with it. I'll just see the 2D thanks.