2005 - A Good Year for Film

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
2005 is shaping up to be a great year for genre films - in addition to Star Wars: Episode III, we've got Indianna Jones IV and the Christian Bale Batman movie coming out. I think Peter Jackson's King Kong is coming out that summer too.

Anyone know of any other 200-scheduled films?

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
The movie version of Bewitched is tentatively set for 2005 with Nicole Kidman most likely to star and possibly Jim Carrey as her co-star. Nora Ephron (director of Sleepless in Seattle) is set to direct. They are just waiting for a script.

Drtooth

Reaction score
IGH... that doesn't sound great to me... if they get Jimmy Fallon or Chirs Kataan or even Rob Schniedier to play Uncle Arthur (that seems to be the logic) I'll personally stop this production....

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
The movie version of Bewitched is tentatively set for 2005 with Nicole Kidman most likely to star and possibly Jim Carrey as her co-star. Nora Ephron (director of Sleepless in Seattle) is set to direct. They are just waiting for a script.
Nicole Kidman and Jim Carrey - those sound like great choices. I can definitely see both of them in those roles. :smile:
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
So, Jim Carrey's playing the Dick York Darren, right?

"Dick York. Dick Sargent. Seargent York. Wow!"

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
IGH... that doesn't sound great to me... if they get Jimmy Fallon or Chirs Kataan or even Rob Schniedier to play Uncle Arthur (that seems to be the logic) I'll personally stop this production....
I wanted them to get John Ritter to play Uncle Arthur but now that's sadly not possible. But I agree with you on any of those choices.........I'd rather that Uncle Arthur not be in it if they get any of those SNL freaks.

Super Scooter said:
So, Jim Carrey's playing the Dick York Darren, right?
That's what it looks like! I've always thought Jim Carrey looked like he could be Dick York's son. Plus Dick York is the only Darrin in my opinion.......

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
That's what it looks like! I've always thought Jim Carrey looked like he could be Dick York's son. Plus Dick York is the only Darrin in my opinion.......
I agree, I think Jim Carrey looks a lot like Dick York and would do a great job if he just tones down his mania a bit as he has been doing lately. And Dick York was always the only Darren for me too.
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate remakes, unless they're done well (like the Addams Family).

Also to be made (though I have no release date) are Taxi (Jimmy Falon's supposedly in the cast... I'm steering clear, unless they get Danny, Judd, and Christopher, and Tony) and Lupin III, perhaps my favorite Japanese Manga (Cast unknown at this time). Now that I hate. Remaking a live action version of a Japanese animated series with an American actor.

Also on the chopping block are Hong Kong Phooey (for the love of God, at least get this one right!) and Mighty Mouse (Thankfully all CGI, I hear)...

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Are they SERIOUSLY making a Hong Kong Phooey movie??? Gee, I didn't know that.....

:eek: Scooter, Mighty Mouse was one of my FAVORITE cartoons when I was little... :frown: