2 Cookie Monster's?

dcfboss

Reaction score
I've noticed 2 distinctly different Cookie Monster's in the latest season of SS. Sometimes he appears to be short, fatter and neckless. And when you see his mouth from the side view, there is a black "bump" that makes his talking look very weird and awkward. Such an example would be when he teaches the letter "C"......but other times he appears to be more lighter in color, he looks taller and his mouth is flat....that's the one I prefer. I was wondering if anyone noticed that too.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think I did a little bit. I also noticed a difference in his voice sometimes. In some of them, it was David Rudman performing him, who isn't too great. Other times, it's Eric Jacobsen, who sounds a lot like Frank Oz.

scarecroe

Reaction score
The last I heard on the Cookie Monster front is that the only two puppeteers working him currently are David Rudman and Frank Oz.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
The last I heard on the Cookie Monster front is that the only two puppeteers working him currently are David Rudman and Frank Oz.
And that Eric has Bert...Fozzie also?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, John Kennedy is said to play Fozzie, Fozzie...uh...Fozzie!

Frank and David alternate as Cookie Monster from time to time. At least this season.

Frank plays both him and grover on a Letter "O" segment, David plays Cookie while Frank plaays Grover on an N segment, while on an S segment, Frank plays neither, Eric and David do their respective parts.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
that reminds me of another monster, Telly. have you seen him on the cover of the Let's Make Music video? he looks fat and it's like he has a crew cut! but i've always noticed Cookie Monster looking different all the time, like on the cover of the Sesame Street 25th Birthday video, you can say he looks like Rosita's brother!

ssetta

Reaction score
Are you really sure it's Frank? I mean, even when I heard him, I could have sworn it was, but the lady at the workshop tells me it's not. But I do think it sure sounds like Frank Oz.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
There was a large Cookie Monster touring NZ last week - and I was in hospital so I couldn't go see him at the local shopping mall :frown: But i saw him on TV and he looked so cuddly!!

I just felt like sharing that with you

Splurge

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than 2 Cookie Monsters in the studio where they shoot those scenes - in case anything happens to one, another will be ready.