12 Days Till Christmas

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
well, that is if you count Christmas day, but anyway, to all who ever wanted to do the 12 days, or even send out the 12 muppet central cards that hey have for each day, TODAY IS THE DAY TO START THAT!!! (or it could have been yesterday, but I count Christmas) but anyway, harrass all your friends and family with the Muppet Central cards, 12 of them to be exact! :wink: Merry Christmas to you all, (or what ever you celebrate) :excited:

Whatever

Reaction score
I have 2 exams and two paper revisions due :smirk: tomorrow!!! One exam and one term paper on Tuesday! Why don't the professors have any Christmas spirit??

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Iif it makes you feel anybetter, my b-friend, who is at the Air Force Academy, had one final yesterday, one today, one tomarrow, and 2 on Tuesday, and THEN he gets to come home in 2 more days! Im so excited! But yeah, and anyone who knows what **** the academics can be down there know that that is NO fun, but I make it ALL better :wink:

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
:sing: The first thing at Christmas that's such a pain to me is finding a Christmas tree! The second thing at... oops, wrong "12 ________" song.
:embarrassed: :wink:

anathema

Reaction score
The "12 Days of Christmas" are actually the 12 days *after* Christmas Day - December 26 to January 6. Traditionally, January 6 is the day the Magi reached the stable in Bethlehem. It marks the end of the holiday, and is the day when all Christmas decorations are supposed to be taken down and packed away for another year. If you're superstitious, it's considered very bad luck to leave them up any longer!

Nonetheless, I'll sing :smile:

"On the first day of Christmas,
My true love sent to me:
A partridge in a pear tree.

On the second day of Christmas,
I sent to my true love:
Half a ton of fresh partridge guano and a nasty little letter..."

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
anathema said:
The "12 Days of Christmas" are actually the 12 days *after* Christmas Day - December 26 to January 6.
Interesting. I always wondered about that.

anathema said:
"On the first day of Christmas,
My true love sent to me:
A partridge in a pear tree.

On the second day of Christmas,
I sent to my true love:
Half a ton of fresh partridge guano and a nasty little letter..."
LOL!

anathema

Reaction score
It's also bad luck to put the decorations *up* before Christmas Eve. This part is pretty much universally ignored, but (at least in my family), we've always taken them down on the 6th.

I should really be in bed right now :-( Bloody insomnia!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
anathema said:
It's also bad luck to put the decorations *up* before Christmas Eve. This part is pretty much universally ignored, but (at least in my family), we've always taken them down on the 6th.

I should really be in bed right now :-( Bloody insomnia!
These past few years we haven't been that good about getting our decorations up early, but I'm all for having them up as long before Christmas and as long afterwards as possible. :smile: I love Christmas decorations.
Erin

anathema

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
These past few years we haven't been that good about getting our decorations up early, but I'm all for having them up as long before Christmas and as long afterwards as possible. :smile: I love Christmas decorations.
Erin
I was thinking about putting mine up, but I've decided not to bother. I'm going to be away over Christmas and New Year, and it's not like I'm expecting visitors before then, so it's really not worth the trouble.