1/2 Dome Eyes suppliers?

Snark Blarmsten

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've searched in vain, both here and on the internet for a dome eyes supplier. I found mcginnis puppets on a thread here by Buck, but their site no longer exists. Can anyone point me to a supplier with those eyes?

Thanks

Tom

Phantom

Reaction score
There use to be someone on ebay selling them. Used to be made by Mercury Plastics.

Phantom

Reaction score
There use to be someone on ebay selling them. Used to be made by Mercury Plastics.

Snark Blarmsten

Reaction score
Thanks, no luck on eBay or googling Mercury Plastics for dome eyes. Anyone else?

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Depends where you are located mate.

Google Hindleys, they supply a good source of shapes for eyes.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
try plastruc, not sure of thier website, but they sell plastic modeling supllies

Snark Blarmsten

Reaction score
Thanks Ravage - looks like

http://www.plastruct.com/

For anyone interested, they have what they call 'hemi head' (hemisphere head I assume) in various sizes. The measurement is the diameter across the opening.

Edit: http://tinyurl.com/7bbz8

That is one of the pages - they are clear though, ugh. I wonder if painting these would work since they are acrylic...would paint adhere?

Tom

hennesprod

Reaction score
what size are you looking for. I make all my own eyes for my critters out of plastic.

William

Snark Blarmsten

Reaction score
I talked to a lady there and she claimed I could paint them no problem. I ordered some, we'll see. I'm not sure what size William, I ordered 1/5", 1.75" and 2" versions. How do you make yours?

hennesprod

Reaction score
I get wood spheres from the craft store and make molds of those out RTV silicone and then cast them in plastic. Hollow or solid. If they do not have certain shape or size i then sculpt or mill out the needed shape to be molded.

William