1-2-3-4-5!

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone remember the animated clip from the late sixties/early seventies that had people singing the same five song that's on the LP "The Count Counts"?

A teeny bit of this clip can also be seen in the Fisher Price Movie Viewer cartridge called "Numbers".

:flirt: The animation is a very colorful and psychedelic series of shapes and patterns that represented the number five.

The lyrics to the song goes basically as follows---

One two three four five
One two three four five
One two three four five
Nah nah nah nah nah...
One two three four....FIIIIIIVE!

I hope my description is clear enough.
Anyway, it totally reminds me of the Jazzy 11 "confetti" clip from the same era that I heard was animated by Jim Henson. I was wondering if anyone knows the history behind this clip. Did Jim animate this one? Does anyone remember this?
I LOVED this clip as a child and would LOVE to see it again. :flirt:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't watched this in awhile, but I do have it on tape. I knew it more from the LP than the show as it didn't seem to air a lot on the show.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i think it aired quite a bit in the 70s. maybe not as much into the 80s. i rememebr others such as that. what's interesting about that 1 is in the 1st Muppet movie and in the part where kermit is in the director's chair he sing this song and other come on and begin to put the set together. i think the song was called magic store and the music intro to that song sounded the same as the 1 in the number 5 animation clip.

Xerus

Reaction score
Oh, how so I loved that old 1-2-3-4-5 cartoon. It's a shame Sesame Street doesn't show it anymore. I'm willing to buy or trade to anyone who has this classic cartoon on tape so I can relive that memory. :smile:

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Xeeeeerus! It's wonderful to see you're around. I so fondly remember you from the days back at good ol' YL. Welcome back! :big_grin:

Yes, the 'Five Song' is one of those clips that I haven't seen since....ahhhh... probably 1973 or 1974, but I loved it so much. I remember being totally mesmerized by the colors and patterns. The song was soooo incredibly groovy, too, wasn't it? Sometimes I catch myself humming this out loud and get the biggest smile on my face. :smile: Ah.....memories.
It brings back the happiest feelings.

Censored

Reaction score
The golden years of Sesame Street, the golden years.

Xerus

Reaction score
Mokeystar said:
Xeeeeerus! It's wonderful to see you're around. I so fondly remember you from the days back at good ol' YL. Welcome back! :big_grin:

Yes, the 'Five Song' is one of those clips that I haven't seen since....ahhhh... probably 1973 or 1974, but I loved it so much. I remember being totally mesmerized by the colors and patterns. The song was soooo incredibly groovy, too, wasn't it? Sometimes I catch myself humming this out loud and get the biggest smile on my face. :smile: Ah.....memories.
It brings back the happiest feelings.
Thank you for welcoming me here to this new site, Mokeystar. :smile: And yes, I used to be a member of YesterdayLand, until that site sadly closed down. I missed posting SS stuff. But now I can do it once again here. And I'm glad someone remembers that wonderful, hope to see again, 5 cartoon as much as I do. :smile:

Peace to you. ^_^ Xerus.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Heeey, Xerus Baybeeeeee!!!!!

Hey there! This is turning into the Yesterdayland reunion, and I couldn't be more pleased. You might remember me from YL as Kaye68, and it's great to have another home to share all the wonderful memories Sesame has bestowed on us. Now all we need is the elusive Revati and we're all set. Four will be enough for our own Sesame bowling team! How 'bout it?

Xerus

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
Hey there! This is turning into the Yesterdayland reunion, and I couldn't be more pleased. You might remember me from YL as Kaye68, and it's great to have another home to share all the wonderful memories Sesame has bestowed on us. Now all we need is the elusive Revati and we're all set. Four will be enough for our own Sesame bowling team! How 'bout it?
Hey Kaye68, who goes by the name Fuzzygobo. :smile: It's good to hear from you again. :smile: I do remember all our old SS YL posts and Revati who was nice enough to mail me some old SS clips.
A SS bowling team does sound neat too. :smile:

Xerus