¡Viva la Puntuación!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I thought I was going crazy when my punctuations were disappearing.

My cousin used to abuse punctuation marks, we had to have an intervention and send him to rehab, man, that was a horrible Christmas.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Yikes... and I thought my dad was strict about grammar!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
My cousin used to abuse punctuation marks, we had to have an intervention and send him to rehab, man, that was a horrible Christmas.
That was YOUR cousin? Sheesh, he was all over the news here! My town frowns upon punctuation abusers... Which is why you can count on me to not abuse the power if you give it back to us! *wink*

We want our punctuation back! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

ISNorden

Reaction score
It has come to the attention of me and many other forum members that the use of the punctuation marks "?" and "!" in succession with each other or putting two of either of them one after the other will swiftly edit the post to display only one of said punctuation. Quite frankly we find this annoying.
Hear, hear...I for one miss being able to react to a shocking post with "What the heck ? ! ?" every so often. Most of the MC crowd doesn't abuse multiple punctuation; punishing the majority along with the few who are causing trouble seems grossly unfair to me.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
...punishing the majority along with the few who are causing trouble seems grossly unfair to me.
Agreed! ! ! Fight the restraints, punctuation marks, be free! ! ! !

peyjenk

Reaction score
Um, might I again point out..... Five ellipses!

Is there a glitch somewhere, or have we always been allowed five and I only thought we were allowed three?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Can I point out? ONE exclaimation mark...

! ! ! Fight the Punctuation Ban ! ! ! When will we be free ? ? ? To exclaim as we must ! ! ! Or to question as we wish ? ? ? Tsk tsk ! ! ! Fight the Punctuation Ban ! ! ! When will we be free ? ? ? To exclaim as we must ! ! ! Or to question as we wish ? ? ? Tsk tsk ! ! ! Fight the Punctuation Ban ! ! ! When will we be free ? ? ? To exclaim as we must ! ! ! Or to question as we wish ? ? ? Tsk tsk ! ! ! Fight the Punctuation Ban ! ! ! When will we be free ? ? ? To exclaim as we must ! ! ! Or to question as we wish ? ? ? Tsk tsk ! ! ! Fight the Punctuation Ban ! ! ! When will we be free ? ? ? To exclaim as we must ! ! ! Or to question as we wish ? ? ? Tsk tsk!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure five elipses have always been allowed, but I could be wrong. :smirk: