Ricky Gervais in Talks to Star in 'Muppets' Sequel

Borples

Reaction score
I was one of those who was hoping there wasn't going to be a "human lead" in the film, especially since we already have a villain and a "femme fatale." Of course, it remains to be seen how significant the role is. As for Gervais...ok, I'm not a big fan. But then, he loves the Muppets, right? So he gets points for that. What worries me is that he's the sort that tends to suck all of the attention in a room to himself. It's a gift, but not one I'm eager for the Muppets to share screen time with.

I still expect great things from the movie. But I don't find this news, taken on its own, exciting.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Ah, okay, I guess I can kind of see that now.

Well, y'know, it's not too awful different than, say, Doug Walker: we ALL know he comes off as a cynical a--hole on the internet, especially as Nostalgia Critic, but at the same time, people I know who have actually met him IRL (at conventions and such) say he's just as big an a--hole in person as he is online... HOWEVER, some people (myself kind of included), feel he puts up a front to "stay in character" when he's in public, but we don't know for sure...
I'd love to see the Nostalgia Critic make an appearance. I still think he should review a classic Muppet film - or maybe even all the Muppet films at once. Did he hang up his NC hat? Nobody else on his site is remotely funny.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'd love to see the Nostalgia Critic make an appearance. I still think he should review a classic Muppet film - or maybe even all the Muppet films at once. Did he hang up his NC hat? Nobody else on his site is remotely funny.
He's moved on from the Critic, mainly to work on bigger projects. Though he has said the Critic may make future apperances.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I was one of those who was hoping there wasn't going to be a "human lead" in the film, especially since we already have a villain and a "femme fatale." Of course, it remains to be seen how significant the role is. As for Gervais...ok, I'm not a big fan. But then, he loves the Muppets, right? So he gets points for that. What worries me is that he's the sort that tends to suck all of the attention in a room to himself. It's a gift, but not one I'm eager for the Muppets to share screen time with.

I still expect great things from the movie. But I don't find this news, taken on its own, exciting.
We already have a villian? Who is it? I must have missed that news or I just forgot, can someone please remind me?
Has anyone been cast yet for the female role too? I remember there were talks about it, but I don't remember anything being announced..:confused:

I think humans are important in a Muppet movie, you need humans to balance things out. Also, a lot of people will also come to the movie if they hear someone that they really like is playing in it, like Ty Burrell or Ricky Gervais. YAAAAAAYYYYY!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Humans are important yes but for me personally their not the main reason I go to see a Muppet movie.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Not for us of course, but for non-Muppet fans, what might be pushing some of them is the stars in the movie.