Moderation Proposition

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think having another moderator around would be a good idea, as it could give The Count help in minding the site, looking for spammers, and all the other things that were mentioned in the previous posts. It's a lot of work for one person to do.

One other suggestion that I would like to make along these lines- perhaps Phillip or Cindy could consider doing this- is putting the forum rules in a sticky thread in the feedback section, or at least making them more prominent. Having the rules more out in the open, rather than buried somewhere in each member's profile headings, might encourage people to look at them more.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
One other suggestion that I would like to make along these lines- perhaps Phillip or Cindy could consider doing this- is putting the forum rules in a sticky thread in the feedback section, or at least making them more prominent. Having the rules more out in the open, rather than buried somewhere in each member's profile headings, might encourage people to look at them more.
That is actually a good idea, in addition to having a second mod with more power to take care of troublemakers. I don't know why I didn't think of that when writing this up considering I have looked at the rules for one reason or another and always had trouble finding them :embarrassed:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Yeah I could see the need for more moderators and perhaps expanded moderator powers. This would be true of any forum. This is by far the best Muppet forum (though there are other great sites) online and it does need a little more enforcement and management to stay that way

Vincent L

Reaction score
I think if he will get another mod, I'm thinking maybe it'll be good to have someone who lives on the other side of the world, so they can also moderate at normal times for them, and also be able to mod at times when most of us are asleep, which is an easy time for spammers to join and..well, spam.
Before I went to school, I often catch spammers that join when Ed is asleep, and it really drives me nuts.

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
I'm all for the idea of having another Mod on here Ed does a brilliant Job of keeping Spammers off but he could always use a little help and another Mod would be a good choice

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I agree with this proposition. We rarely have spammers but there needs to be multiple moderators to take care of them and to have the tools needed to ban said members.

*signs petition*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If Phil ever reads this, please note that we're NOT complaining about any thing here, but rather, we're offering the suggestion of assistance to help make things easier here for you and the already-established moderating staff: the more mods you have helping out, that's that much less for you to have to worry about yourself, and Ed too.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
*signs the petition*

The posts I am seeing from andyf's or whoever that was.. for goodness sake... please, he should be banned, gone, capult.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I have to agree with what everyone else said. With only Ed doing all the work, we need more mods. There's only so much Ed can do and there are always some spammers escaping our notice or membes proving themselves as spammers until it's too late for him to ban them. So, more mods who are active and them being able to ban spammers even after they're not new members on MC is what we need.