New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
Man, with so many new members always coming in, I hope I don't get lost in the wave. XD

Anyway, I've been lurking a little for a while as well, and I didn't know if I should just post some of my sketches in the Fanart section and introduce myself there, or if it was more "proper" to do it here first. I opted with what I felt was the safest route. xD
Now, I felt a little... intimidated and insecure about joining any Muppet forums at first, just because I don't know my Muppets forwards and backwards like a lot of others seem to most of the time, and especially because I'm largely just into Sesame Street Muppets. But eh, I've decided now that that was kinda silly, so... here I am.

Uh... hi? 8D;

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Man, with so many new members always coming in, I hope I don't get lost in the wave. XD

Anyway, I've been lurking a little for a while as well, and I didn't know if I should just post some of my sketches in the Fanart section and introduce myself there, or if it was more "proper" to do it here first. I opted with what I felt was the safest route. xD
Now, I felt a little... intimidated and insecure about joining any Muppet forums at first, just because I don't know my Muppets forwards and backwards like a lot of others seem to most of the time, and especially because I'm largely just into Sesame Street Muppets. But eh, I've decided now that that was kinda silly, so... here I am.

Uh... hi? 8D;
Hi, ShakaRaka! Welcome to the Muppet Central forum and uh... you should a great time here.

That all right! I understand that you only know Sesame Street Muppets. I would LOVE to see your FanArt. Guess what? You are not the only... what kind of drawing is that on your avatar?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score

Uh... hi? 8D;
LOL! Hey. Nice to meet you, ShakaRaka. I'm sorry that you don't know most Muppets stuff, except for Sesame Street. You can post your Muppet artwork in the "Fan Fiction and Fan Art" section of the forum. Anyway, I'm FrackleFan2012 and I'm pleased to welcome you to the Muppet Central Forum! :smile: (shakes hands with ShakaRaka)
I hope you have a lovely time here and meet other members who are fans of the Muppets.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Trust me, I've been here for 6 years and I never have felt like I could keep up with people in their knowledge of the muppets. But don't let that stop you. You'll find that one section of the forum to move into and never leave XD

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
Hee! Thanks, guys! ^^ And it's not that I'm not familiar with the "Muppet Show"-centric Muppets - I mean, I watched some of the movies growing up, even if it was kind of a long time ago, and I've seen an episode or two of the show on Youtube - I just haven't sat down to watch more and really familiarize myself with them enough that I feel confident enough to, say, write good fanfiction for them or something. (Just hypothetically; I'm not making any promises. xD)
With the characters of Sesame Street, I actually do feel that connection. Probably because they're just a liiittle more ingrained in my childhood than the others. I dunno.

But I promise to attempt to remedy that in the near future! *resolute fingerpoint up*

... OH! And the drawing in my Avatar is my own attempt at Oscar, btw.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh, no. I knew exactly what you were saying. I'm sort of in the same boat...I've pretty much only seen what's available on DVD. I don't think my knowledge of the muppets is anything spectacular. All I meant was that you don't have to know everything to be welcome here. I stick to the general section and don't even bother with the muppets section. XD

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
Oh, no. I knew exactly what you were saying. I'm sort of in the same boat...I've pretty much only seen what's available on DVD. I don't think my knowledge of the muppets is anything spectacular. All I meant was that you don't have to know everything to be welcome here. I stick to the general section and don't even bother with the muppets section. XD
Oh, I was replying more to the others. Unless I misunderstood what they meant, too. xD Ah well. Thanks everyone!
Anyway, off to the Fanart Section.

cjd874

Reaction score

Uh... hi? 8D;
Hi there, ShakaRaka. I feel like I'm in the same boat as you because I am familiar with only Sesame Street and Muppet Show characters. I really don't know much about the Dark Crystal, or Emmet Otter's cast, or the Muppet Tonight characters. But I am learning a lot from being here on this forum.

I also do a little bit of fan art every now and then. I have a full-color cartoon of the Muppet Show cast, and it has gotten positive feedback. Maybe we could share some fan art, perhaps? Great to have you here!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hee! Thanks, guys! ^^ And it's not that I'm not familiar with the "Muppet Show"-centric Muppets - I mean, I watched some of the movies growing up, even if it was kind of a long time ago, and I've seen an episode or two of the show on Youtube - I just haven't sat down to watch more and really familiarize myself with them enough that I feel confident enough to, say, write good fanfiction for them or something. (Just hypothetically; I'm not making any promises. xD)
With the characters of Sesame Street, I actually do feel that connection. Probably because they're just a liiittle more ingrained in my childhood than the others. I dunno.

But I promise to attempt to remedy that in the near future! *resolute fingerpoint up*

... OH! And the drawing in my Avatar is my own attempt at Oscar, btw.
Good one, ShakaRaka! When I was younger, I used to act like Oscar by saying opposite things, but what the hey. I am more of a Prarie Dawn kind of cute girl. Okay! So, nobody's perfect, but I DID grow up with Sesame Street. (sighs) Back then, my mom used to be a fan of Sesame Street when she introduce to me to it.