Yet another Henson/Disney article - LaughingPlace.com

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Hooooold up. Dang, you're the same DscveryBay I used to e-mail with and Instant Message with years ago! Heck I remember you telling me, as in your article, that Disney left the Henson people to look for their cars late at night. Wow, I didn't know you were 'The Fabulous Disney Babe' and Jim Hill's ex-wife. Wow, the things you learn.

And we even have the same birthday.

fabdisbabe

Reaction score
Wow, cool. Good to see you again!

I finally got to tell the "out of the studio late at night" story.

Fab

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
The only unfortunate thing (for you) is that I actually thought you were a guy. :embarrassed: But every guy I talked to, I thought they were girls, so don't be ashamed.

Anyhooo, do you have a "non-concrete" idea when Disney would buy Henson/Muppets and library?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
That's cool. As long as this thing ain't dragging out 'til SUMMER I'm fine.

But tell me (if you could), you said you heard from someone inside Disney that Valentine dropped out. How is this done, did you call Disney and ask or do you have one of those mysterious "sources" or "contacts" that a lot of journalists/reporters seem to have? I mean, how is it done?

fabdisbabe

Reaction score
I ran through my article for a friend who works there, and he mentioned that he'd heard Valentine was out. It's only rumor, so I didn't change my article. But he's a solid enough source that I'd mention it here. ... does that make any sense at all?

Fab

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yes, thank you. Ask your friend to talk to Disney's lawyers, too. :big_grin:

If there are similar rumors about Classic Media, Disney may have this thing set.

fabdisbabe

Reaction score
Just keep in mind - I'm not an insider, and my sources, while usually right on, are far from perfect.

Fab