Boober Fraggle Replica

ashkent

Reaction score
This kind of came about by accident but these are the first pictures of my Boober Fraggle replica so far. Way back when i first started hunting around for puppet patterns I came across something that was meant to be the head pattern for Scooter. I traced it, cut it out then it sat in a drawer for a few months.

When i found it, and while i was wait for some other items to dry or dye (can't remember which) I decided to glue the foam skull together for the crack. When i did, and because the foam i was using was a light blue colour, I suddenly realised how much it looked like Boober. I made a couple of adjustments, re-glued it and then have been working on it in between other projects. I still have to finish off the mouth, cap and add some hand rods, but other than that he is pretty much done.

See what you think of him.

Just as a note, the fleece used for his skin is actually Tilda Fleece which i have found is very similar to Antron Fleece in its seam hiding ability when done right. For me in the UK it is also easier to get hold of than Antron Fleece too. On the close up face shot, there is actually a seam runs right down the centre but it really is invisible.

Slackbot

Reaction score
That is really nice!

Where did you get the fur? Did you dye, boil, etc?

ashkent

Reaction score
Thanks guys... To me, anyone can make a replica puppet as long as they are prepared to fail a few times before they get it right. Most of the puppets I have made didnt have a pattern so i started with something really basic then refined it until it looked right.

The fur came from a company in Israel I get most of my fur from...I found them here on Ebay so i didn't have to do anything with it. They have been really reliable, although the packaging they use is sometimes a bit worse for wear when it arrives, which is more than likely down to our shoddy postal service. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/specialfabrics

The scarf is simply a long thin piece of brown felt fabric and i cut the ends into a frayed look.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
This Boober looks wonderful! Not just like the original, but it still feels very Muppety. Hope you find him a good hat!

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
He's SO CUTE. Dang! Wonderful job!!

That dumb hat, I'm working on a Boober myself, and that is the LAST thing I'll be making, haha. :sigh: [excuse to use a Boober smiley.] Nooot looking forward to it. I can't wait to hear what kind of luck you have with the rest of the project :smile:

ashkent

Reaction score
He's SO CUTE. Dang! Wonderful job!!

That dumb hat, I'm working on a Boober myself, and that is the LAST thing I'll be making, haha. :sigh: [excuse to use a Boober smiley.] Nooot looking forward to it. I can't wait to hear what kind of luck you have with the rest of the project :smile:
I've pretty much left the hat til last for the same reason. lol. I've got some cord material which looks right...just need to get the right shape for the hat itself now.