The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I finally watched the whole movie of the Dark Crystal and there were some moments that made me cry. The dying emperor... I forgot that it was Jerry Nelson's voice of that puppet. I cried when Kira was killed and I felt like his wish was to die in peace like the dying emperor;'s wish was. When the credits were rolling, it said that Jerry Nelson was also the voice of the evil High Priest. I can't believe the man is gone. Evertime I watch a scene of the Dark Crystal it reminds all of us of Jerry.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
In the new movie where Kermit and the gang walk out of the theater they thought they where going to walk out to nothing and all of there fans where there. Every single time I see that it gets to me. I think that is kind of what the movie has done for the Muppets, and it means a whole lot.

lilmissmuppet

Reaction score
Re: most tearful muppet moment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I always tear up at "saying goodbye" in the MTM
i agree that is what upsets me and also the big scene where everyone is singing rainbow connection in TMM like guysmiley said

BooberGypsy

Reaction score
Hmm I'd have to say when Tiny Tim "dies" in A Muppets Christmas Carol. I know it sounds pathetic and generic but I've known a few people who have lost children so it really strikes a nerve.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
If have been listenign to MCR, the song "Follow Me" around November 2005 had the voices of Jerry Nelson, Dave Golez, Steve Whitmire, Kathy Mullen, Karen Prell. It's on the FR season two DVD I guess..., but oh man, for everyone on MC, does that song really make you cry. It kind of does to me. (sniffs)

BooberGypsy

Reaction score
If have been listenign to MCR, the song "Follow Me" around November 2005 had the voices of Jerry Nelson, Dave Golez, Steve Whitmire, Kathy Mullen, Karen Prell. It's on the FR season two DVD I guess..., but oh man, for everyone on MC, does that song really make you cry. It kind of does to me. (sniffs)
It does me for sure... =,(

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
For me, one of the most tear jerking Muppet moments is in the new movie, when Walter turns to Gonzo and says, "I just want to say, when I was a kid I saw you reciting Hamlet while riding your motorcycle through a flaming hoop, and it made me believe I could do anything. Thank you."

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I couldn't listen to it for a whole month after Jerry's passing.

cjd874

Reaction score
I would say that the John Denver & the Muppets version of "When the River Meets the Sea" always makes me a little teary. So does "Saying Goodbye" from 1984's TMTM and "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" from the 1979 Muppet Movie.