Video: The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And the debate over the song continues! I told my husband last night that "When Love Is Gone" would not be included on the blu-ray. And he just about fell out of chair. So I had to literally explain in great detail about why the scene was cut and how it was just a deleted scene to begin with. And then I added to tell him about why I didn't like the scene and understood why Disney felt it needed to be cut and he looked at me like I had corn growing out of my nose. Once he finally saw my point of view then he understood why I felt the way I did about it. But all in all he's still heartbroken the scene isn't included. So I said "well if you feel that strongly about it does that mean we don't have to buy it?!! *insert BIG smile" and he said "No I still wanna buy it." DANG IT!!! ><

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Idk Maybe they don't have the song in widescreen? Odd to say but it wasn't released on the last one (in widescreen) if it was and then taken out for this, that would be extremely rediculoius, but because it hasn't been released in widescreen maybe something else is up...what about the old laserdisc? I don't know much about them. the song is on that from what I've heard, only is the movie in widescreen on that? It does look like Disney has put a lot into this release so maybe they don't have the source? Idk I'm just trying to think of a logical reason why it's not on there. At least it could have been a bonus feature but it really seems the the movie is missing it now. I just reviewed my old DVD and skipped over that song and a lot of the feeling there is, well..pun Intended "gone!" At least we have it on DVD but its just too bad it's not included on this release.

What about the old, or I should say 2002 Kermit dvd menu? Has that been replaced or updated or reused?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
All in all like I've already said I do feel they should've at least included it as Bonus Feature to please fans that feel that strongly about it.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hmm...Well there seems to be enough for me to want to buy this now, BUT part of me wishes it was just full screen with the song rather then widescreen at all, with all the bonus features past and new. This is taken as if Disney doesn't have a wide screen version with the song inculded since they haven't released it in the past.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The DVD comes with the blu-ray. And I don't know the answer to your other questions as most of us won't know till Tuesday.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
As far as we know, there are three versions of the new home video release:
(Widescreen, Audio Commentary with Director Brian Henson only)​
(Widescreen, Audio Commentary with Director Brian Henson, Audio Commentary with the Muppets, Frogs, Pigs & Humbug: Unwrapping a New Holiday Classic, Christmas Around the World, On the Set and Muppet Christmas carol singing option when paused)​
(Widescreen, Audio Commentary with Director Brian Henson, Audio Commentary with the Muppets, Frogs, Pigs & Humbug: Unwrapping a New Holiday Classic, Christmas Around the World, On the Set and Muppet Christmas carol singing option when paused)​
I'm not sure about the specific Making-Of edit listed in the above post. I hope so.​

matleo

Reaction score
The original DVD from 10 years ago had a blooper reel listed as "On the Set". I'm guessing that's the same thing. The only new stuff here is the Muppet commentary and the christmas caroling when you pause.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
im buying the 2nd one because i dont own MCC and its a good thing i waited :concern::shifty:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
We can only hope something muppety is in the trailers for something how about season 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.