Your Thoughts: Jerry Nelson Tribute at The Moving Image Museum

Squigiman

Reaction score
Very well put, Muppetfan! I knew someone else would have more to say, and probably a better memory, to express it all on here, as you did, so nicely. Also, Plaid Fraggle, yeah, that moment with Dave certainly was a bit of a tension-breaker of sorts and definitely one of the more memorable moments for all in attendance. Great stuff!

-Zach

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Also, Plaid Fraggle, yeah, that moment with Dave certainly was a bit of a tension-breaker of sorts and definitely one of the more memorable moments for all in attendance. Great stuff!
Yes, as approachable and willing to talk to fans as the more important Henson folk here were, the fact that many were wearing suits and did not have certain special guests who travel in duffel bags made it clear that this was meant to be more of a solemn event. But thankfully, in true Muppet spirit, things didn't have to be taken too seriously. Dave's flub and the moments of laughter later made it clear that this was still no different from any other Henson event even if we were mourning someone who had recently past.

zns

Reaction score
Although I wasn't there, it is obvious from the videos that it was a moving and touching experience. I haven't seen anything so wonderful since Jim Henson's memorial in 1990. Jerry would be proud of the tribute he had received. We will all miss him dearly. :sing::batty::smirk::search::fishy:

cahuenga

Reaction score
I wonder why Frank Oz, Kevin Clash or Caroll Spinney weren't in attendance.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I wonder why Frank Oz, Kevin Clash or Caroll Spinney weren't in attendance.
I'd guess more out of respect for Jerry, those three decided not to go to the public tribute to not draw attention to themselves. Like how some celebrities don't attend funerals. Given the big crowd Steve got, I can't imagine how mobbed Frank would have gotten or even Kevin in this post-Being Elmo world he must get recognized much more often.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson played my favorte Muppet, Floyd Pepper. He's mostly groovy, thats another reason why I luv the EM...I GOT MY GROOVE ON!
:sing::sing::sing::sing::sing:
If Floyd Pepper is reading this, YOU AND THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM ARE GROOVY!

Collgoff

Reaction score
I'd guess more out of respect for Jerry, those three decided not to go to the public tribute to not draw attention to themselves. Like how some celebrities don't attend funerals. Given the big crowd Steve got, I can't imagine how mobbed Frank would have gotten or even Kevin in this post-Being Elmo world he must get recognized much more often.
Do you think so?

Maybe Kevin Clash was busy that day and Caroll Spinney is doing the documentery of his life.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I liked all the little intro videos.. of course, would've been nice to see Carol and Frank because they worked with him longest.. but is ok. Dave's "Gonzo" hiccup was funny :concern:

On a side note, I know she warned us that the character clips would not be complete, but I think it was definitive proof that nobody loves Robot Lincoln! :search:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Very well put, Muppetfan! I knew someone else would have more to say, and probably a better memory, to express it all on here, as you did, so nicely. Also, Plaid Fraggle, yeah, that moment with Dave certainly was a bit of a tension-breaker of sorts and definitely one of the more memorable moments for all in attendance. Great stuff!

-Zach
Thank you!

theSHE124

Reaction score
Sure wish I was there, guys! :dreamy: Say, does anyone know if our personal tributes will be on the site other than forum? A lotta info things on this site need to be updated! :attitude: