My Sam the Eagle Replica

Bobert

Reaction score
Well, I don't believe I've ever seen a Sam replica before, and I just wanted to show him off and get some feed back. He isn't quite finished yet. I did one day of research and this is where he is at after one day of working on him, I should have him finished tomorrow though. Please forgive his derpy expression, the eyeballs are just place holders. And I still have to trim the fur in spots.

In case you wanted size reference, here I am :smile:

I know his head isn't the right color, so I'm taking care of that, I have my own little method for making polyfoam look dyed.

I know that he isn't perfectly accurate, due to quick research and improper materials, but he has so far cost me $0 US :stick_out_tongue: When he is done, he will have one working arm and mouth, no moving eyes or neck though. So what do you guys think?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Nice. I really like.
I just think maybe you should change the eyes, maybe use spoons

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Gorgeous! And just look at the shaggy furfeathers!! :excited: That material looks just perfect. Good luck with the rest of the project, he looks stupendous

Bobert

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words guys, sadly I was delayed finishing him yesterday, but with any luck I'll have that turned around by the end of the day :smile:. Also I tried the spoons for eyes (I love using them) but they were to small, and Sam's eyes are more hemispheres anyway, but with any luck you guys will approve of my eye ball choice :smile:. I'm going to give the felt pupils thing a go though :smile:. I'll keep you guys posted :big_grin:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It looks really nice! I can't get over how much I love the look of this replica. Amazing job!

Bobert

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got the mouth plate and tongue in today, and I have the arms all sewed up, unfortunately the weather was bad, and I had other things I had to work on so yet again I didn't get it finished, so I'm done with the "I'll be done tomorrow" talk, it's only making me look like a weirdo :stick_out_tongue:, so I'm just going to say it'll be done in a few days. Sorry I didn't get any new pics, I'll try and grab some tomorrow. I really appreciate the support guys :smile:, and first season muppet show was defiantly what I was shooting for although I did reference Sams from then till now in my research.

Bobert

Reaction score
Alright guys Sam is finished, well actually he was finished a day or two after my last post, but I've been so busy I haven't had the time or energy to post but here it is the final pictures of Sam the Eagle.

Sadly due to a mishap he got a slight dimple in his beak, luckily its not very noticable from the front.

now for some fun. Captain Sam!

Sam of Asgard!

What do you guys think? All critiques welcome.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
WOW. WOW. WOW. WOW. WOW.

I love it!! It really looks like Sam! You even got new eyes for him! What did you use in there?

I love it, and I love that Sam as Captain America. It reminds me of that parody poster that Disney released a while back..