Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's an oversimplification.

The left attacks the right, sure... sometimes on things that are kind of petty...

as far as the right goes, they attacked the president on his birth certificate, attacked him again because it was a "fake," attacked him for not being faster on Libya, attacked him on aiding Libya, attack him on jobs data, attacked him for supposedly fudging the jobs data, attacked him for being hard on B.P., attacked him for getting political money from B.P., and my personal favorite, attacked him for being a secret "Muslin" commie that came to the country to destroy it, NOT letting him pass anything, setting him up to fail, telling each other their priority is to fail, and then attacking him for "failing."

Liberals called George Bush dumb and a daddy's boy. And brought up he did coke.

Yeah... EXACTLY the same thing.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Again both sides attack each other so I don't really think that's an oversimplification as you call it. Agree to disagree. So yeah...EXACTLY the same thing. But I am choosing to not participate in this election anyways so...to both sides have fun going at it.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Well... This whole thing is pretty confuzzlededing to me, but I definitely agree with you guys... :shifty:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's the main problem with politics: these people spend all of their time and energy telling the people why they SHOULDN'T vote for the opponent, and never even enlighten us on why we should vote for THEMSELVES instead.

Even with local elections, like for mayors, county officials, stuff like that? I HATE having to go through that kind of voting every single year, because I NEVER know WHO to vote for, because NOBODY speaks about the issues or anything, they just spend all their time bashing the other candidates and tell us not to vote for them.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And that is why so far I am choosing to not vote for either candidate this year. Neither side has convinced me why I should vote for them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And yet, whenever you say you don't want to vote, people go BALLISTIC. Like, "Look here, it is your GOD-GIVEN PRIVILEDGE to be able to VOTE, and BY GOD, you are GOING to VOTE for SOMEBODY, because it's your RESPONSIBILITY as an HUMAN BEING to VOTE!!!"

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And yet, whenever you say you don't want to vote, people go BALLISTIC. Like, "Look here, it is your GOD-GIVEN PRIVILEDGE to be able to VOTE, and BY GOD, you are GOING to VOTE for SOMEBODY, because it's your RESPONSIBILITY as an HUMAN BEING to VOTE!!!"
Can I give you a hug? LOL Because this is exactly what I went through before I even registered to vote. But it's also my right to not vote for someone who I don't believe in. But yet everyone was riding on my high horse "OMG YOU HAVE TO REGISTER ITS' YOUR AMERICAN RIGHT MOST PEOPLE WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE THAT RIGHT, PEOPLE IN OTHER COUNTRIES GET SHOT AT!" I gotta be honest I didn't register to vote till I was 25. My mom just went ballistic on me when I said I was thinking about not voting in this election. I did vote in the last one because one did convince me of why I should vote for him. But this election neither side has swayed me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh sure.

*Hug*

And yeah, I've heard that exact same stuff too.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So it's basically just go vote because people say you should. Well for me unless one can convince me from now until next month of why I SHOULD vote for them then I am NOT voting. I do favor my views of one a little more then the other but that's still not enough to convince me of why they should have my vote. As you said TELL ME WHY I should vote for you! Don't tell me why I SHOULDN'T vote for the other one. It's what makes it so confusing to me!