The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

snichols1973

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but the scene where Miss Piggy goes to answer the phone, expecting a call from her agent, leaves Kermit feeling rather sad, and then he shares his feelings with Rowlf, which leads into the "I Hope that Something Better Comes Along" duet:

:sympathy:: Whoa, hey, broken heart, right?
:smile:: Does it show?
:sympathy:: Listen, when you've been tickling the ivories for as long as I have, you've seen a broken dream for every drop of rain, a shattered dream for every falling star.
:smile:: Exactly. She just walked out on me.
:sympathy:: Ah, typical. That's why I live alone.
:smile:: You do, huh?
:sympathy:: Yep, I finish work, go home, read a book, have a couple of beers, take myself for a walk, and go to bed.
:smile:: Nice and simple.
:sympathy:: Stay away from women, that's my motto.
:smile:: But I can't.
:sympathy:: Neither can I, that's my trouble...

After the song ends, Rowlf remarks "It's not that often you see a guy that green have the blues that bad."

http://www.whysanity.net/muppets/index.html contains the lyrics to songs from The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan.

P.S. I just noticed that Rowlf's emoticon represents sympathy.

Greengables95

Reaction score
Follow That Bird is my favorite Muppet movie. When I was young, I always teared up during the Blue Bird song.

Briarosethorn

Reaction score
Ok So.....

I just moved across the country from Illinois to California, in order to follow my dream of becoming a editor. It is the scariest thing I have ever done in my life, and The Muppets have been helping me though it. I specifically relate to the magic store song, since I am trying to find a home at the magic store. Every time I hear kermit say "we've done just what we set out to do" my heart skips a beat, and i have to hold back the tears. It just hits home, and encourages me to never give up (which is essential to me achieving my dreams)

Ignatz

Reaction score
Though far from the most tear-jerking moment I felt kind of sad in the UK spot (forget which episode) where Sam the Eagle says his wife has left him though I still laughed when he said his daughter is dating an owl.:attitude:

snichols1973

Reaction score
Though far from the most tear-jerking moment I felt kind of sad in the UK spot (forget which episode) where Sam the Eagle says his wife has left him though I still laughed when he said his daughter is dating an owl.:attitude:
According to http://www.muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sam_the_Eagle, it's the episode that features the late Andy Williams when Sam mentions his family:
"When Kermit the Frog questions Sam's obsession with 'decent family entertainment' in the UK spot of Episode 422, Sam inadvertently reveals the facts of his somewhat tragic life. He was married, but he can't remember his wife's name, and they are separated. (Paragraph 4, Muppet Show Censor article section)

The first post of http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/a-nest-divided-a-sam-the-eagle-story.52263/ contains the video clip where Sam mentions his family.

I hope this helps out some....

Ignatz

Reaction score
Ah thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels sorry for ol'Sam.