Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow! That is a cool picture! I do remember that when I saw "Manny's Land of Carpets" a few more times earlier this summer, I recognize Jerry Nelson's voice when he announces Bubba's Burger Barn, Manny's Land of Carpets (sort of), and other things. LOL! Okay, so he is a silly creature but gosh I really know that voice. He will be missed!

Briarosethorn

Reaction score
Hello :smile: I'm not sure if any of you have seen the thread i started, but I am making a tribute video for Jerry Nelson. I've seen a lot of great material I would like to use on this thread, but i don't want to use anything without permission. So, if you want to help me out and let me use your material in my video, please either reply to the thread or pm me :smile: Thanks for your help!

theSHE124

Reaction score
A haiku from the S.H.E. :

Country folk singer
Musician to the Muppets
Rocker to the core!

The one underlined is meant to be screamed. :fanatic:

Hubert

Reaction score
Perfect description of Jerry, covering all aspects of his music and personality in three short lines. You're great at these.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hey, everyone!
NYC's Museum of Moving Image is going to host a tribute to Jerry Nelson. It will be held Saturday, October 27th at 2:00 pm.

http://www.movingimage.us/visit/calendar/2012/10/27/detail/a-tribute-to-jerry-nelson

There will be live appearances by Fran Brill, Bill Baretta, Dave Goelz, and some special surprises. There might be an appearance by some of The Muppets as well.
There will be clips on Jerry Nelson's entire career as well as rare videos.

John Horne

Reaction score
I read this blog almost every day but never posted until now. I wanted to post this news before someone else does. Like everyone else i was very sad to learn about Jerry' Nelson's passing. But its great how many tributes there are out there to him right now. I found a very starnge one on a comic I read called "The Lost Side Suburbia" on GoComics. It is also a childrens book series and I bought two of the book on kindle last month. In the current story on GoComics Jerry Nelson appears as a kind man who is helping the main characters fight an evil thing called the bogey. It even mentions his daughter Christine and has lots of other muppet mentions. The Jerry Nelson character actually appeared before the realife Jerry Nelson even died. The author must be a muppet fan because I read two of the earlier books and there were muppet mentions like Fozzie being in jail with other comedians.