Any Bronies on here?

ProboSowa

Reaction score
I got into FiM a bit more than a year ago. Enjoyable show with enjoyable characters, my personal fav being Fluttershy. Not really crazy for the brony term, though. I'm not a big fan of using referential terms for things like the TV shows I watch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I keep telling myself, It's okay to like a diverse array of animated programming. I can't even list all the stuff I like because I'll be here all day and I'll forget half of them.

bu-u-u-ut... that Discord episode was pretty epic.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
*sigh* There is no escaping MLP:FIM. No matter WHERE I go, I'm going to see an animated gif or something. I love the My Little Pony series from the 1980s (I grew up with the show and had several ponies), but I'm getting rather annoyed with the new show. I'm overdosed on it and I haven't even seen a single episode! I guess I'm just so tired of the hype and some of the fans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
MLP's main attraction is that it is a huge internet joke. But here's the thing we're forgetting... this isn't for guys, this isn't for anyone over the age of 12... this is meant for little girls who actually feel insulted by the countless terrible toyetic doll cartoons they wind up getting. We guys have it lucky. We get these great, well written action shows with cool toys. Girls get Bratz. Not only are they horrible toys, but it was one of the WORST cartoons ever with vapid characters and a passive aggressive parody of Barbie. When 4Kids dubbed Winx Club, they threw in a lot of sexist stuff that turned the characters into bimbos, including the theme song that threw in the lyric "Don't touch the hair."

Face Palm!

Not to mention the new Strawberry Shortcake I caught because my sister got a DVD free in a box of cereal. My GLOB! It was the dullest thing I ever saw. They were just throwing a party and showing the preparations. No antagonist... no storyline... no nothing! I felt like jumping through a window. That's not a cartoon. That's an animated act of mundane!

So I have the utmost respect for the new series because the underlying concept was to make little girls a smart, well written cartoon show. Something they richly deserve. It just happened to attract an unexpected audience, but so didn't other extremely well done girl's cartoon, Kim Possible.

Lola p

Reaction score
*Moans*

Join us... Bazooka.... join us......

*Does a brohoof*

Drtooth

Reaction score
*Moans*

Join us... Bazooka.... join us......

*Does a brohoof*
The fact I like the show makes me want to say that too. The fact I like the show makes me want to stay "FOR THE LOVE OF PETE! If you know what's good for you STAY THE HECK AWAY!"

I'm trying to get my sister into it. Reread that. I'm trying to get my sister into it. Of course, I'm the one that got her into Madoka Magica, and now she won't shut up about it.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
OK, what in seashell is this? They are really making a spin-off where the characters are humans?

I'm already afraid of the fan fiction this will spawn.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm already afraid of the fan fiction this will spawn.
It probably already has. Well, well, well before. And as we all know, every single fan artist ever (except me.. HA HA!) has done tedious humanized versions of anthro characters.

But even if it's a series, I doubt anything's going to come out of it. After all, it's not Littlest Pet Shop. Hasbro is shoving that so down our throats. I swear, I was cleaning out old Happy Meal boxes (I collect those as well as the figures), and there was one instance of MLP (FIM or otherwise), and at least 4 Littlest Pet Shop promos. And the one pony thing was last year with a Transformers Prime promotion (I got the Transformers ones, no surprise there... and it was unbearably short, I recall). I think there have been 2 LPS since then. Seriously, Hasbro has this thing that people really like that has this big following of an actual audience and a clearly unintended one, and they keep pushing something that barely sells.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Seriously, Hasbro has this thing that people really like that has this big following of an actual audience and a clearly unintended one, and they keep pushing something that barely sells.
Makes sense though. Hasbro knows that even the worst and crappiest MLP products will be scooped up by fans without second thoughts. Because LPS isn't as popular, they need to push it more so that people will buy it. I would say LPS is one of their least popular toy lines, so it makes sense that they need to encourage people to buy it.

As for the image, is it from a reliable source? Cause even just looking at it it looks like fan art

snichols1973

Reaction score
I've seen about 3 or 4 of them, so I can't really judge. I kinda hope the more I see, the more I'd like the Dan character. I despise characters who do the completely wrong thing and get no comeuppance for it (i.e CARTMAN). But, Dan is always right in the episodes I've seen, so I don't know if he's ever been wrong yet.
Curtis Armstrong, the voice behind Dan, Mr. Moleguaco of The Emperor's New School, and Robot (of Nick's Robot and Monster), was also Dudley "Booger" Dawson in the Revenge of the Nerds tetralogy.

There have been occasional episodes, namely the most recent Dan vs. Jury Duty, in which Dan's plans occasionally backfire; even though the judge was about to throw the book at Dan for outbursts which were probably deserving of flagrant contempt of court, the video evidence not only found the defendant not guilty, but eventually showed that Dan was operating the wrecking crane, which obviously backfired and led to harsh penalties for Dan, which is similar to Murphy's law coming into play during another one of Wile E. Coyote's ill-fated schemes which never works right when the Road Runner passes by, but inevitably starts working as soon as Wile E. starts troubleshooting his "fool-proof" plans....