"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The footage looks great, but the music really drowns the sound out, so it's difficult to really hear any of what's going on.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
It was nice seeing Samson, Tiffy, and Uli von Bodefeld from Sesamstrasse making a cameo in the Big Bird comic from 1980.

CopperPot

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Dave from Copper Pot here. So we totally underestimated the demand for the Blu-Ray-only package! 50 discs sold out in under four hours (we were initially only going to offer 25, but bumped it to 50 at the last minute).

Since the $99 Blu-Ray-only package sold out and people emailed us that they also wanted a digital download with their disc, we're going to offer a package that has the signed 2-disc special edition Blu-Ray, a digital download of the film and soundtrack and access to the production blog for $125. This incentive is going to go live TODAY (8/1/12) at 1 PM EST. 100 of these packages are going to be up for grabs! Remember, this is a KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE and will not be available in stores or online on places like YouTube, etc.

Thanks for working with us and understanding that this process is ongoing and evolving and we're trying to meet the demand.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That was really good.

I was a little surprised though to see him credited as Caroll, I seem to recall during his cartooning days, he went credited as "Ed Spinney", but I could be mistaken.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Wow that trailer made me so emotional. It felt like this could be a goodbye of sorts for Caroll. I really hope it's not, but I guess all good things must come to an end. The good news is it looks like someone is taking great care and love to produce this film and I can't wait to see it.
Cindy,
The trailer affected me the same way too. It was like it was it was Carroll's swan song from performing. And yes good things come to an end. Carroll's been doing Big Bird & Oscar for over 40 years. You're right about someone wanting to do this film about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.