Video: "Share it Maybe" Sesame Street Parody

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
You know, I really didn't think Cookie Monster was going to be one of the classic Sesame Street characters that transcended the kiddie-TV box he so often found himself in...

...but between this and the Saturday Night Live audition reel (and subsequent cameo) and his screamingly-funny Colbert Report visit in 2007, I think David Rudman and the Sesame Street writers have hit on something wonderful that could endure for years beyond most children's-character shelf lives.

WAY TO GO COOKIE!!! NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM...

RC1979

Reaction score
Weird and good at the same time. Also the first time I heard David Rudman's cookie monster voice. I like Frank Oz's better. But hey, the parents should Like it maybe! :insatiable:

Powerstars

Reaction score
................:confused:
THIS IS MADNESS!!! But I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it.

RC1979

Reaction score
Seriously? He's only been performing Cookie Monster for practically a decade.
Okay. I mean I've seen others like Eric's bert and grover but still, I just don't watch SS these days. So I don't notice some changes.

RC1979

Reaction score
Seriously? He's only been performing Cookie Monster for practically a decade.
I just don't get the time to watch ss these days. I've been getting caught up in GMC lately. I have seen Eric's Bert and Grover and Whitmires's Ernie though.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I liked the video, it made me think for a minute that it was footage leaked from the new SS movie. But then I realized, this is only a video.
Overall, liked the video so much that I wish that they'd release the song on iTunes as I'd download it on my iPod touch!

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
I'm actually really not sure about how I feel about this!

It's super cute, but I would like to see more original songs/clips. Most of the Sesame Street clips that I still remember and love from when I was a wee thing were original ones, like "Doing the Batty Bat," "Eight Balls of Fur," "What a Gift" (and sketches without songs, like Ernie and Bert in Egypt)...

I would love to see Sesame Workshop release a successful viral video WITHOUT drawing heavily from popular culture. I don't dislike it, and Sesame Street and pop culture are buddies, but an original clip would impress me a lot more :smile: