What was the last DVD you bought and why?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I've bought quite a few DVDs since I last posted here, I've been on a HUGE movie kick as of late and buying a fair amount of used DVDs (hey, it's cheap, :wink:)

Patton Oswalt: No Reason to Complain- I enjoy Patton's stand up and it was a used copy at a really cheap 4 bucks. I'm starting to have a small collection of stand up comedy.

Spaceballs- Classic Mel Brooks. It was only four bucks at Wal-Mart and considering it was the two disc special edition, it was a darn good price. Plus it has the late great John Candy as the character Barf.

Disney's Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time- Never actually seen this one yet, but I've heard some fairly good things. Found a single disc used DVD copy for only five bucks, plus it had DMR points, so I figured, why not?

South Park: Complete season 15- As I've mentioned many times in the course of this very thread, I am a HUGE South Park fan and been waiting to get this one for awhile now, finally did which means I am once agian up to date on the South Park season set DVDs.

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland- Pretty much for the excat same reasons of Prince of Persia DVD, expect that I have seen this movie and fairly liked it. Though I enjoy the animated Disney classic 100 times more. But I am a huge Tim Burton fan as well and five bucks for a movie of his is a good deal for me.

A Goofy Movie- Been wanting to get this one for awhile now and finally my local Wal-Mart had it. It seemed to be selling well, as I picked up the last copy. A fairly good animated Disney films.

The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie- Truthfully, I am not a huge Drawn Together fan by any means, but I've been interested in seeing this movie for some time now so when I found a used copy at a somewhat cheap price, I went ahead and bought it. I popped it in and actually found it to be not too bad, not great, but not bad. However this DVD has already been messed up, but I am not too worried about it.

Seth Macfarlane's Calalcade of Cartoon Comedy- Again found it used and figured why not? Some of the bits were pretty funny, but not all.

and these ones I bought all yesterday, which is how I knew I am on quite the movie quite right now...

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie- As I mentioned in my last post I was on this strange "bad movie kick," which was why I bought "Howard the Duck" and I actually still am, again found this at a cheap used price.

Universal 100th Anniversary Spotlight Collection: Classic Monsters- Classic horror movies featuring four classics: Dracula, Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein and The Creature from the Black Lagoon. I saw this at my current place of work and just wanted to get it. It's actually a good set which a fair amount of bonus features, pretty good buy I must say.

Flushed Away- A pretty darn good animated film from Dreamworks and Ardman. Got from the Wal-Mart five dollor DVD bin. You know sometimes you find some pretty good stuff in that bin. I am considering taking my next paycheck and using at least a good 2o something bucks and pick out a few. I also saw Wayne's World, Bill Cosby's Himself, and The Green Mile in there, all I am considering getting at that kind of price.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Treasure Planet: 10th Anniversary Edition DVD/Blu-ray Combo Pack - It's my favorite of the underrated Disney movies.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Now this is my kind of thread because I'm a HUGE DVD Collector lol
Both Tape Trades and TV box sets galore. :smile:

But because I'm unemployed right now and still hunting for my first job in this bad economy, financial times have been tough. But I make sure I buy at least a new dvd set or two to tye me over for the month. Plus I don't have cable. Too expensive and nothing good on. I rather check out the new South Parks, Futuramas, adult swim shows and MythBusters online to save some money on cable. (Which I should do sometime, probably missed some good new ones but have been so busy. lol)

But anyway me and my best friend for over a decade and continuing are big DVD collectors. We see each other every other weekend and chat on the phone the weekends we don't see each other. And basically for the most part, we're talking 80% of the time about what DVDs we want and making giant wish lists on Amazon.com lol

Anyway the latest DVDs I bought were

The Complete Three Stooges - Because Me and my friend love them alot, I introduced them to my friend when I was 13 or so when they were on AMC. And I've been eyeballing the collection for awhile and he just bought it last month and they just re-released the collection on Amazon for $45.00 all of them. I just had to get it. lol Last time I had a good buy like that is when I bought the complete collection of Sanford and Son. Such a great show. Plus me and my friend have seen the new Stooge movie and loved it. I've been waiting for the movie for over 5 years seeing rumors on the official site. I can just talk on and on about The Three Stooges to the point where I got to find a forum online, there's got to be. lol

Law of Attraction - The Secret (DVD): Long story short, I've been in contact with his relationship advice email coach without getting too much into it, I'm single and never dated before. So he was ending our email coaching sessions because he had such a busy schedule and he recommended the book and movie to me so I got it and I've watched this DVD almost every single night. Especially when I'm feeling down, stressed out and hopeless about the world around me. It's great science and I strongly recommend it. In fact it reminded me of this Jim Henson quote where me mentioned when your growing up "You start to feel like the world is against you, your parents or your teachers or your friends, but some point to got to realize that your not the victim, it's you that's doing it and sometimes it's a slow realization or it's as simple as turning a switch." For awhile I'm thinking, I don't get it. How can that be? I've had a long history of being verbally abused (long story short), then I discovered The Law of Attraction, suddenly, it all made sense and even sort of thinking that perhaps if Jim himself knew about this theory, perhaps it inspired his positive thinking. It's been around for centuries. Again, another thing I can just go on and on about, So I think I'll make a thread somewhere about it. lol

Anyway the month before that I bought Simpsons Season 11 which I loved. I now have Seasons 1 -11, I'm going to get 12 next month. I'm going to really really try. And just get them up to 14 and that's probably it. Me and my friend are trying to pin-point when the show went downhill and losted it's touch

Probably next month I'm hoping to get some Steptoe and Son, The Goon Show (CD), Spike Milligan shows (since I thought he was so hilarious on The Muppet Show and he's a British comedy legend), Week Ending (BBC radio show that inspired Spitting Image), and I really really really really want to get more Les Guignols De L'info DVDs so badly. Sure I don't get French, but I'm a huge Spitting Image fan and I just love the visual humor and film making of Guignols. They are still going strong and I watch the show online from time to time :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Spaceballs
I totally need that, Dracula: Dead and Loving it, and Love Stinks (not much of a classic but more serious satire then comical) in order to complete my Mel Brooks Collection. Plus I need the special edition of Producers from 1968. The original is so much better than the remake. lol "I am ze author, I out rank you!" lol I have it on DVD but it doesn't have the special features.

South Park: Complete season 15
I'm a huge South Park fan myself and I've got this in my collection. Poor Clyde Frog dies in this season. And for those South Park / Muppet fans out there. We all know parody quite well. lol I feel so bad that I haven't watched any of the season 16 episodes. I'm going to sit down and watch them on South Park Studios some point this summer before they second run of shows start in September.

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland- Pretty much for the excat same reasons of Prince of Persia DVD, expect that I have seen this movie and fairly liked it. Though I enjoy the animated Disney classic 100 times more. But I am a huge Tim Burton fan as well and five bucks for a movie of his is a good deal for me.

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie
I love BAD MOVIES, Mostly B-Movies, weird Video mixtapes that I got from tape trades, Bad Public Access TV, Bad Commercials, Bad Kids Shows, you name it. I just love campy crumby stuff like that for a good laugh like "THIS IS SO CHEAP! WOW!" lol It's fun, esspecially when you got friends over and play party tapes. I've made a few for tape trades with my DVD recorder. It's fun. :smile:

Anyway I really want to see this movie. I love 80s B-Movies and latex puppets. Plus one of these days when I'm making lots of money, I want all the Garbage Pail Kids cards. They look so disgustingly delicious :smile:

Universal 100th Anniversary Spotlight Collection: Classic Monsters
I want to get the complete Frankenstien collection myself. I remember seeing the first two in high school because I used to go to this Old Movie Club. It was the only club I went to in high school. It was duel, it wasn't a social group, not a bunch of cool old school movie nerds to chat with, but they had good movies in black and white. That's where I discovered Angel's with Dirty Faces. Now I want to get all the Dead End Kids films. lol They are so hilarious. lol

Anyway here's some advice to people who like B-Movies and Comedy. Watch Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein where the monster smokes a cigar and says "Good." Look up the Honey Nut Cheerio commercial where they digitally replaced the cigar with a bowl, then watch Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein and catch all the references. Especially the blind man who pours the soup on the monsters lap burning him and lighting his thumb on fire. lol My fav Mel Brooks' film next to The Producers. lol

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog volume 1
Because I remember watching the show on Toon Disney back in the day as a little kid.
So, nostalgia made me buy it. It's better than the junk cartoons we have now.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The Muppet Show Season 2! And I don't think I need to explain why I bought it. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Midnight Cowboy. Interesting film. And I smiled at the Muppet connection

Bryan M

Reaction score
Blade Runner. Because I own it on betamax, laserdisc, VHS and I even got it on selectavision. i almost had it on 16mm... but was outbidded by a person crazier than me.