When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Vegetarians. While I completely respect anyone's decision to give up meat for whatever reason (health, moral, religious, etc.) I've run into a number of people over the years who have taken on a pious, self-righteous, holier than-thou attitude towards meat-eaters. Or have tried to put me on a guilt trip just because I enjoy my steaks and ribs.
It might be trendy lately to go veggie, but try to remember, folks. Trends are fast, evolution is slow. Man by design is a carnivore, and we need our proteins, and you ain't gonna get that from lettuce!
I've been saying that for years. I have the utmost respect for the reasons behind not eating animal products, but they also have to respect that you can't force a lifestyle upon someone else. Actually... you know what? They SHOULD accept that you can't force a lifestyle on someone else because their entire lives they've been told it's not "normal" to not eat meat.

Plus, it doesn't exactly make them Mahatma Gandhi just because they don't eat meat. It makes them animal rights activists or health cautious, but not a superior form of life (I love how Scott Pilgrim handed those types their own buns). I hate the smug, self satisfaction that they think they're better than everyone else. Heck, I can't stand that trait in well to do dinks that can afford to eat organic that wag their fingers at those who don't.

Vegetarianism is actually a great deal healthier for you; most proteins and amino acids can be derived from plant sources, and adding a little dairy or egg or fish to that rounds it out nicely.
The thing about eating healthy to an extreme that bugs me is that, sure... you DO get to live longer. But that's longer eating health foods. To be fair, you need to have a taste for that stuff, a taste that needs to be developed early. And it DOES add years to your life... at the END. You get more years being a befuddled elderly person who will most likely end up in a crappy home. You don't get them added magically to your vivacious 20's. Old age is worth it IF you save up a crap load of money when you're younger, not so much if you're in one of those homes. GAH! I don't want to live past 50, if that's the case. Might as well enjoy what life I can, eating stuff I can like when I can still metabolize it.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Well, the idea is you live longer and with your heart, kidneys, lungs, AND brain intact...not to mention muscles and joints!

And as to taste -- heard of spices? No one said it had to be plain hummus. I can't stand plain food. (Or hummus.)

But yeah to the healthier-than-thou noses-in-the-air being consummately annoying, and just as hypocritical as any other class who thinks they're better and has to rub it into the faces of anyone "beneath" them.

New rant:
People calling themselves Patriots (and often misquoting the so-called founders, though they never seem to add Rousseau or the European Enlightenment guys to that list, oddly) who don't know the first d--d thing about historical fact. A friend of mine recently had some idiot on Faceplant telling her that Jefferson was a Republican "just like her" -- and this person is one of the most religiously intolerant jerks I've ever seen. How is it that the concept of the evolution of political parties (with NAME changes associated) didn't get through? How is it that a reserved, polite deist is somehow equivalent to a hate-preacher?
---------------

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Here's a rant. It's about something that's been bothering me for quite some time. In fact, for a long time it gave my nightmares. Having to witness an injustice like that, was a reminder of how cruel this world can be. I can still hear them taunting him, "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!". How come they can't just give him some cereal?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why is Words with Friends so popular when it is just an even more boring version of scrabble? I played it with my dad yesterday and dear frog I thought I was going to go insane waiting for him to move, and having the game register he moved. It took us an hour and a half to finish one game. Scrabble with a board is more fun!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is Words with Friends so popular when it is just an even more boring version of scrabble? I played it with my dad yesterday and dear frog I thought I was going to go insane waiting for him to move, and having the game register he moved. It took us an hour and a half to finish one game. Scrabble with a board is more fun!
Alec Baldwin made it famous with his Alecness.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Here's my rant I am sooooooooo sick and tired of everytime I watch a interview be it with Kermit, Piggy or whoever they always show the same dang clip from The Muppets movie!!! The dancing scene with Kermit, Piggy & Pepe!!! OMG it's like that's all there is to the movie!!! I'm to the point now when I watch the movie I fast forward through that scene!!! Okay my rant for the day is over. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well it's like with anything else, when looking back on something in retrospect, they use whatever clip they think best represents what they're talking about, especially if it's a memorable moment from a show or a movie.

Like I have a similar "rant", whenever retrospective showcases talk about memorable/unforgettable moments from shows of yesteryears, they always talk about the same two M*A*S*H episodes everytime.