Kermit the Frog and Pepe at HMV Oxford Circus London.

KingR76

Reaction score
Its not everyday you get to tell Kermt that because Jim Henson is in his Heart, and because he has him in His Heart, Jim Henson touches us all.

I apologise to anyone who saw me get rather emotional with Kermit, its unexplainable.

Was Lovely to meet Chris (Kermieuk), Markit, and a number of others today. :smile: Was all nice.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I'd be visibly emotional too, if I ever got to meet Kermit, Steve, any of the gang, in person. But yeah, especially Kermit.

Please everyone, tell us more about the event and your Muppeteer & Fellow Fan meetings! :big_grin:

KingR76

Reaction score
I'd got to London around 10am wearing my Kermit sock, Kermit T-Shirt, and small Kermit hanging on to my rucksack. Went into HMV and saw everything set up.

Some of you may remember that in January I met Steve... Lets just say he doesn't forget a face :0) I was sooo over the moon that he recognised me, smiled, came over and shook my hand, I would have liked a Photo with him he did say that he'd do it later but he was setting up the whole display which was hidden from us with large cardboard cutouts - but whenever he appeared into view he smiled at me :smile:

Shortly I was joined by Chris (Kermieuk) and we got chatting, went off to get our Guest passes and joined the Guest line, photos were taken of us, there was a lady making balloon animals and my Kermit Muppet was photo'd a few times.

A lady who was making Balloon Muppets (very good ones as well) came around us, and it was around this point I brought out my Kermit Muppet and put him on and there was quite a bit of appreciation for that, people wanting to take Photos of us etc.

The soundtrack to the movie was played and shortly Bill made an appearance at around 12:45 or so they were doing sound tests and we heard Pepe say how they'd be joining us soon - the excitement arose, press flooded the front of the stage and then... The display was removed.

And Kermit the Frog and Pepe greeted their adoring Fans we cheered, we whooped, we whistled, we clapped. Chris (Kermieuk) were about three or four in line and when it was my time to go up on Stage, something just weird happened, because there in front of me was Kermit... Kermit!!! KERMIT!!! What on earth is anyone supposed to feel? (Admittedly there were many people GROWN adults who were quite overcome with Emotion when they went to meet them) but to have Kermit just be - well Kermit, talking and moving and addressing you... Also, Kermit said to me:

"Very good to see you, see you again actually."

So it was nice that Steve made that cute reference :smile:

I tried not to break down and think to myself:

"I AM SPEAKING TO KERMIT THE FROG!"

I was given the microphone, and read out something that had come to my mind last night, I knew that I DEFINITELY wanted to mention Jim up there but couldn't find the right words.. In the end I said:

"All my life you have touched me.

And this is because in your Heart you have Jim Henson.

And because you have him in your Heart.

Jim Henson touches us all."

Kermit the Frog showed his appreciation to this and it just felt so right to hug and Kiss him, whilst Pepe (in an uncharacteristic sweet moment said "Thats beautiful.")

N.B. Many thanks to Chris for taking the Photos he took of me on Stage - I'll treasure each and every one.

We all stayed to watch the rest of the show, and see how it all went, but the way that Kermit and Pepe just without lines, just totally adlibbed, coming up with jokes, *Snaps fingers* just like that was just incredible.

There were a few "potty breaks" at the request of Pepe and to be fair they were at it for over an hour, but the humour and the substance never tired, there was one moment that was kind of close to the bone when Pepe enquired about one couples "Sex life." a few times to which Kermit interjected very quickly with "Time for a photo."

A lot more people turned up to this than there was supposed to be originally, and at one point I did meet Bill (who posed for a Photo) and was lovely with it...

Sadly though, I didn't get the Photo I've wanted with Steve, I've had it on good authority that the time will come when this happens :smile: Such lovely parting words... The quest continues. :smile:

RC1979

Reaction score
Lucky you got to meet Kermit and others. Do you have any more photos?

KingR76

Reaction score
I do have others, but need to go through them. At the moment the video of them being shown to the audience is being finished on youtube, it won't take long, you won't be surprised with the reaction they got.

markit

Reaction score
Nice review of the days events Richard, thanks, and great to meet you.

It was a truly special one, I'm still quite overwhelmed that they actually did an appearance live at an HMV store in London, a Muppet signing (of sorts, cards were pre-signed) that's never happened in my lifetime as far as i'm aware, so i guess we can thank Disney for really pushing the boat out when it comes to marketing and getting the Muppets out to the masses, hopefully this won't be the last time, I'll be there, as this really was an amazing experience.

My only complaint, because of time constraints and the signing due to finish at 2pm (it went over by about 30+ minutes so they could get through everyone who were waiting in line) the security guards were rushing people through, so whilst I was able to take plenty of pics/vids for a friend who went before me, they weren't able to do the same for me, so note to self - give camera to someone behind me not in front :smile:
I'm now waiting on the pic from the Official HMV photographer, hoping/Praying it's a good one :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/hmv

And finally, it's amazing how Starstruck you can get when meeting the Muppets in person, even though, like KingR76, I shook hands with Steve beforehand and said hello, it's a totally different ball game when you're face to face with a lifelong Hero/Icon, I was tripping all over my words, and I'm normally never lost for words!

KingR76

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman, Frogs and Prawns, Pigs and Chickens, Bears and weirdos... I present to you Kermit the Frog and Pepe at @hmvtweets Oxford Circus.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Did he just say, "You can post it on your Facebook sites and on Muppet Central"???