Cuddleuppets

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just saw a commercial for these things... they're blankets for little kids, but they also have puppet heads on them as well, so they're basically blanket puppets...

Have you guys seen these things? There's like a monkey, an elephant, a crocodile, a bear, and others I can't quite remember.

EDIT: Here's the official website for them...

https://www.cuddleuppets.com/

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
They've been advertising these things for a while. Personally, I kinda want the crocodile, but the perma-high expression is a bit of a turn off

bandit

Reaction score

Princeton

Reaction score
I think we may have seen the exact same commercial, Snowthy. Were you watching Muppets Take Manhatten on the Hub channel?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I think they're ridiculous and rather amusing, only due to the fact they all look completely baked.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The scary thing is, these things look a LOT better than most mass manufactured retail kid's puppets. They don't even need the blanket angle, they're that good. Sure, not professional TV show good... heck, I'd say better looking than crappy public access Peppermint Park type puppets.

Not that I'd buy one, though. But I've noticed how lame most retail kid's puppets are. They're nothing all that special, and someone with a good talent for sewing could do much better.

davidmartiste

Reaction score
Wow, Dr Tooth - never saw that Peppermint Park before - very disturbing :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow, Dr Tooth - never saw that Peppermint Park before - very disturbing :smile:
And to think a bunch of patterned, made in China, commercial kiddy puppets are more professional looking than that. But I see LOTS of pug fugly independent show puppets popping up from time to time on the internet (You Tube, specifically) for lulz. Stuff that looks like it took no talent at all to slap together.

I really like the designs of these characters, though I agree the Gator doesn't need to look perma-high/perverted. Put some sun glasses on it, it'll look fine.