"Ask Mike" Muppets, Star Wars and more web series

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Hey all,

For the next few weeks I'd like to run a short Q&A web "Youtubey" kind of thing. Probably 5 minutes each if anyone might be interested? I'd love to answer your questions about any of my past work (Muppet films, Star Wars, Fraggles, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth etc.). If you are not sure what I've done, just check out IMDB or my website linked from my profile.

You can send Questions to mike@quinnzone.com using the title "Ask Mike" and I'll endeavor to answer as best I can. Initially I'll just run this for 2-3 weeks but hey, if this is enjoyed enough, I may extend it. SO let me know if you are interested, here or via email :smile:

I'll post a link to the videos hopefully within the next few days. Thanks everyone and have fun!

Mike Quinn

dwayne1115

Reaction score
sounds very interesting Mike Have you ever seen our ask Jim Lewis thread?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Very cool Mr. Mike Quinn! Thanks much for doing this, it's always so awesome to be able to hear from performers. :smile:

I do believe I'll try to send you some questions regarding Secret Life of Toys, Muppets Wizard of Oz, and my most FAVORITE funny film of all time, The Great Muppet Caper! :big_grin:

Thanks again, I definitely look forward to this.
:cool:
Anthony

P.S. As a kid, Nien Nunb was my favorite JEDI action figure. By pure chance, the very first SW figure my Son picked out for himself (I think he was around 2-ish, he's nearly 3 & a half now) was Nien Numb in his red (b-wing?) pilot gear!! How awesome is that?!? :crazy: Well, I think it's pretty cool anyway, ha ha. Cheers!

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Ah very good. I've not read the Jim Lewis thread. Jim's a great guy so I need to look at that. Thanks for the tip Dwayne1115.

Happy to talk about all those projects KermieBaby47!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of people would love to hear the stories (and i'm sure there's some good ones) behind your relationship with/marriage to Karen Prell - how you went from colleagues to spouses - your first time working together - how long it took for something more to develop - interesting courtship stories, etc. (maybe this could even be a guest ep with Karen)

Since you were on set with "The Muppets", i can think of two questions -
- As today's media tends to do, a lot got blown out of proportion and sensationalized with the whole "Muppeteers/Henson veterans had disagreements with the script" - perhaps you can provide a bit of a saner insider's view as to how much of that was true and how much was press exaggeration.

- Can you explain why a second night of filming the Hollywood Blvd scenes was needed? Script changes? Techical difficulties with original footage?

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Hey dwmckim,
Since I've been remarried for almost 7 years I'll probably skip the Karen questions out of respect for the interested parties - I'm sure you understand :wink:
However, I'll touch on the other stuff for ya. Hope that's okay and thanks for the questions.
Mike

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well how come you look so diffrent now then the picture of you and Gobo Fraggle?

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Thanks Collgoff for that and your other questions. I'll have fun answering that shortly :wink:
Cheers!