When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's using his "anti-bully" pulpit just to bash the Bible and bash Christians. He is the bully! Did I mention this is at a high school? What bullying Christians is okay? Is calling those Christian students "pansy-a**es" not bullying in your book?
America has turned into a country where if the Atheists are happy, everybody is happy.

And public schools are supposed to irreligious to avoid "offending" anybody: you're not allowed to play Christian Rock, you can't pray, etc.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
America has turned into a country where if the Atheists are happy, everybody is happy.

And public schools are supposed to irreligious to avoid "offending" anybody: you're not allowed to play Christian Rock, you can't pray, etc.
Atheists try to silence the Religious. The Religious try to silence Atheists. All the while thinking they have nothing in common, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Atheists try to silence the Religious. The Religious try to silence Atheists. All the while thinking they have nothing in common, lol.
Well it seems to me that it's always the Atheists who have to have it their way, like I mentioned in a post a while back; just like here recently, there's a county that neighbors mine that a bunch of Atheists are bashing their county's police department because they have the word "religion" on the shoulder patches on their uniforms, which they claim is "offensive" because apparently, just the word "religion" is very very evil and tries to force something onto someone they don't want forced on them... yeah, it's an evil EVIL word... a WORD forces bad stuff on you... wooooo!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well it seems to me that it's always the Atheists who have to have it their way
Sometimes it's that way. But in other cases it's the Atheists who are kept on the sidelines. Like I said earlier they can't be Boy Scouts or hold public office in many cases.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sometimes it's that way. But in other cases it's the Atheists who are kept on the sidelines. Like I said earlier they can't be Boy Scouts or hold public office in many cases.
One thing I don't understand is why they bother messing with the religious in the first place... if they think God doesn't exist, then why waste their energy pestering people for believing in someone they think doesn't exist?

But then again, I guess that's kind of like an older kid razzing a little kid for believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
One thing I don't understand is why they bother messing with the religious in the first place... if they think God doesn't exist, then why waste their energy pestering people for believing in someone they think doesn't exist?
Why do some Christian denominations proselytize?

But then again, I guess that's kind of like an older kid razzing a little kid for believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
Actually yes I have known some atheists who fit this description, hehe.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Here's the thing about bullying--it does not necessarily encourage empathy. Some (not all) victims of bullying become very bitter (understandably) and turn around and attack the bullies (making them no better than the bullies). We're almost all guilty of this, regardless of religion or orientation, it's just an aspect of our imperfect human nature.
I understand that. But don't you think that if you're doing an anti-bullying speech, you should probably not be the bully during it. Really, this guy is just openly bullying and it's the most hypocritical thing I've seen in a while.

That really saddens me. A group of my friends and I decided to do a Bible Study at my school, but the principle refuses to either allow us or deny us. It just saddens me how Christians are being silenced. But people like Dan Savage are allowed to come into schools and spread hate to the Christian students. It's wrong.

Personally, I don't care if atheists are vocal. They can have their billboards and meetings and whatnot. But, really, they will flip out if *gasp* a nativity scene is on government property! Recently, I heard that a military base chapel was forced to remove a cross because it was deemed "offensive" yet the gay flag flew over the base and they had their "Gay Day" thing after DODT was repealed. I'm just saying tolerance doesn't work only one way.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I understand that. But don't you think that if you're doing an anti-bullying speech, you should probably not be the bully during it. Really, this guy is just openly bullying and it's the most hypocritical thing I've seen in a while.
Humans and hypocrisy are old friends from way back, lol. Yes, I agree he didn't have to approach it that way. At the same time I can understand his frustration. Bullying is a cycle that keeps on going until we make the decision to end it.

Personally, I don't care if atheists are vocal. They can have their billboards and meetings and whatnot. But, really, they will flip out if *gasp* a nativity scene is on government property!...I'm just saying tolerance doesn't work only one way.
I agree that liberal types don't have the monopoly on tolerance that they often think they do. The same way conservative types don't have the monopoly on values.

Drtooth

Reaction score

I've tried to look at that from that perspective for years... but here's the thing.

That's basically what far right Christian groups want regular Christians to believe. If Atheists had any real pull in this country, we wouldn't see legislation that redefines conception as ovulating. The best Athiests can do is maybe pressure someone to call something a Holiday Tree and get Ten Commandment statues (Which were basically just commercials for the 1955 movie anyway)

Here's the red truth...

It's BOTH sides' fault.

You ever see 2 kids get into a fight? One pushes, the other pushes back harder, then the first pushes back even harder, and it keeps going on until a teacher breaks it up? That's basically what atheists and religious types do with no intervention from anyone.

Here's how it starts...

Religious types want legislation that blocks something they don't like, rationalized by religion. Atheists get offended, go on uh.... indie news paper or Rachel Maddow or something no one watches unless there's a good sound bite to get offended at... well, Atheists get angry, lose their rationality of an argument and start name calling. Then religious type gets offended, goes on Hannity or every single AM radio station in the country to say how stupid the atheists are... and that's basically how it goes.

Both are victims of each other, but WANT to be victims so they both look like martyrs for their side. And they don't even need to be.

First off, we are governed by separation of Church and State. No matter how you take it, it is the law of the land. And the law of the land trumping God's word isn't such a bad thing because all organized religions pick and chose what they want to believe, so there's less consistency than there should be. And while we have Christianity, Judaism, and Islam... there's also the fringe religions that are our every right to belong to. The only common ground found in each of every religion and government is don't kill someone, don't steal from them. That's the way it should be.

So the solution?

Religious types need to STOP rationalizing everything they don't like as something written in an obscure passage in the bible. There's a lot of stuff that just doesn't make sense, and a lot of stuff that does. It's the stuff that does that everyone can find common ground in, or at least respect.

Secondly, more Christians have to speak out against their false prophets that ONLY want government control and money. There are so many left wing Christian organizations that meekly and quietly speak out against them, you just don't hear about it because noise makes news.

As for Atheists...

Calling every Christian stupid is like calling every Muslim a terrorist. There's only a small fringe of dangerous followers of a religion. They make themselves heard because they ARE crazy. It's not the average Christian's fault that we have insipid wedge issues about gay marriage and contraception. It's our corrupted, failed 2 party system that's to blame. We all have common ground.

Also, stop with the trying to call every Christmas Tree a Holiday tree? Who is that for? Seriously... who is that for? Kwanzaa and Hanukkah don't have trees. That's like making a vegetarian comfortable by serving some wilted lettuce at the back of the refrigerator, and nothing else for those who aren't. They don't feel included, just singled out.

And above all... STOP with the freaking news media. It's their job to make everything sound a billion times worse than it really is. Like 5 suburban kids played the choking game... TOTAL. The War on Christmas/Christianity is no more valid than when one kid in one high school found a way to get high off of the liquid in blue ice. it's sensationalism that creates ratings and sells books and nothing more. I'd also complain about the passive aggressive crap they call left wing news media, but NO ONE listens to that. Not even liberals... not even the parents of those who are on those cable access stations.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Both are victims of each other, but WANT to be victims so they both look like martyrs for their side. And they don't even need to be.
How true that is on all accounts. Both groups feed into each other and they need each other to stay relevant. The problem is "relevant" means complaining about how much it stinks to be them.