New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoebell

Reaction score
one thing i would like: i would MUCH prefer it if they were themselves and not themselves in other roles

i love GMC too, but i always like it better when they're already a group and all know each other

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*smashes face into desk*

Caper does not mean what you think it means. I posted the correct definition on page 4

zoebell

Reaction score
i'm just saying, the part about gmc where they don't all know each other- i prefer it when they do, that's all

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh, that wasn't directed at you personally. I got what you were saying :embarrassed:

Walter

Reaction score
WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!:fanatic::fanatic::fanatic:

This is great!!! I can't wait for another Muppet movie and I am so glad that Disney is so eager to do it!!!:smile::fanatic::mad:

Segel and Stoller granted my wish in the first film, so as for what I wish this one included.. well, a place for Walter would be nice:wink:.. and of course the world could always use more Uncle Deadly as well:fanatic:... Maybe he could "play" the villian..

I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us!!!:fanatic::fanatic::fanatic:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Might as well:

1. What would you like to see as the plot in the new Muppet "comedy caper" type film? Hard to say... would I want some sort of mystery or something? We haven't really had a Muppet Mystery movie before. All I know is I want to see the reset button hit and hit hard. Something in the vein of GMC (or even MTM) where the characters play themselves in some sort of alternate timeline, maybe a period piece... something that doesn't take place in present day.
  2. What characters would you like to see have the leading roles? Also tough to say. It's likely we'd see the main 4 of Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo. I'd like to see Rowlf and Scooter get abundant parts too. But it all depends on the movie. It would be fun to see Fozzie get to be the central character for a change (even Gonzo got MFS), but we definitely should have some tender Kermit and Piggy moments.
  3. Do you want a Muppet villain (like in Muppets From Space, Letters to Santa and The Muppets) and if so who, or would you prefer the villain to be just a human role for one or more characters? I wanna see a human/Muppet team. But not so much with Bobo. Maybe a new character, maybe Poogy of the Moopets... I wanna see a really rotten Muppet be the assistant to the human villain. Maybe have a reverse of the Uncle Deadly turn on Tex Richman. Have the human turn on the Muppet and help the good guys. And only if it doesn't complicate things, I wanna see a non-villainous antagonist that's purely comic relief, but a pain for the heroes. If this were a mystery, I'd LOVE to see Gonzo play an Inspector Zenigata type role as a bungling, self-righteous detective that either keeps arresting the wrong people (Inspector Gadget style) or just keeps popping up to hassle Kermit and Fozzie (and the rest of the good guy Muppets) to greatly inconvenience them. maybe have Bobo as his assistant?
  4. Whether they were in The Muppets or not, what five minor characters do you hope have a bigger role in the new movie? I'd love to see the Electric Mayhem get more central to the plot, and have them deliver a major plot point, similar to The Muppet Movie. Other than that, I wanna see Link and Strangepork have a scene together, and if we can get Brian back to perform Sal (to go with Johnny) and VanNeuter.
  5. What style of music would you like for the new film? Are there any characters that you hope have a song in the new movie? It has to be mixed, like TMM, GMC, MTM, and MTI... even the new movie had a nice mix of style. But more songs by the Muppets, especially more with the Mayhem, but I already said that twice.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We could do all these what we would like and not like but really it is up to the writeres, and I really hope a leader that we have needed him to be ever since 1990 because really he has not been.

Reaction score
(1) What would you like to see as the plot in the new Muppet "comedy caper" type film?
Well, I'm not sure if I have a particular plot in mind. However, I would like a film that covers tropes associated with a certain film genre, in the manner that GMC includes tropes associated with heist movies or TMM covers tropes associated with the buddy movie genre. I would like it to have roughly the same amount of fourth wall jokes and subtle adult humour that GMC has, and the amount of sight gags and sentiment that TMM has, since I believe those are a few of the qualities that make a truly great Muppet movie.

(2) What characters would you like to see have the leading roles?

I would like the movie to primarily focus on a character that has been reasonably prominent in the classic Muppets but hasn't been the primary focus of a Muppet movie yet, such as Fozzie, Scooter, the Electric Mayhem(or a particular member of the band), or Rowlf. I would also like to see Walter featured in the movie, and would like to see the amount of focus on Statler and Waldorf and Bunsen and Beaker that there was in the first two movies.

(3) Do you want a Muppet villain (like in Muppets From Space, Letters to Santa and The Muppets) and if so who, or would you prefer the villain to be just a human role for one or more characters?
I think it would be nice if there was a human character, possibly a celebrity that was featured in a Muppet project before, that interacted with Muppets that antagonized the other Muppet characters with the human character. It has worked very well with Chris Cooper in my opinion, and previous human villains like Doc Hopper and Charles Grodin's character have been very effective in my opinion. I also think that it would be a good way to integrate the classic Muppet movie element of celebrity cameos with an important role in the film. I have Alice Cooper in mind for that role, because he interacted with the Muppets very well in the Muppet Show episode that he was in and has said at least a couple of times that he very much enjoyed interacting with the Muppets and being on that show a lot. These are the main two reasons i am considering him. Taking that into account, and the type of entertainer that he is, I am of the opinion that he may be a good fit for that role in a Muppet movie.

(4) Whether they were in The Muppets or not, what five minor characters do you hope have a bigger role in the new movie?

I would like to see Lew, Harry, Sweetums, Uncle Deadly, and Sam.

(5) What style of music would you like for the new film? Are there any characters that you hope have a song in the new movie?

I would like it to be an eclectic mix of different genres, myself. I also have to agree with previous posters regarding songs for The Electric Mayhem and Rowlf.:flirt:

Status
Not open for further replies.