Original Kermit the Frog donated to the Smithsonian

MelissaY1

Reaction score
At the American History Museum they have an Oscar the Grouch and a Sesame Street street sign on permanent display. They've had them for years - those are owned by the museum.

They have the Kermit (along with several other Muppets) in the "Jim Henson's Fantastic World" - these are on loan. I know that a Kermit was on display for a while, but I believe that's the same one that's currently with the traveling exhibit.

Now they own the original collection of Sam and Friends puppets. These were previously displayed on a "on loan" basis in 2006 (before the museum closed for an extremely lengthy refurbishment).

Muppet Labs is doing just fine... though I guess I should change my signature, I haven't worked there since 2007. Still with the company, just not at Muppetvision anymore. I'm not sure what you mean by a model Muppet Labs, though.
I saw the Oscar and Sesame sign they had on display at the Smithsonian when I was there wow, about 8 years ago now! They had a nice photo in yesterday's AM NY newspaper of Jane Henson amongst the puppets that are being donated

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I saw the Oscar and Sesame sign they had on display at the Smithsonian when I was there wow, about 8 years ago now! They had a nice photo in yesterday's AM NY newspaper of Jane Henson amongst the puppets that are being donated
Sorry if I sound obnoxious by asking this twice on the same thread, but where is this in the museum? :confused:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
there are some great pictures over at toughpigs.com!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
did Jane need Disney's ok to donate the old Muppet puppets? :confused: i was jw, a guy from work clipped out the news for me from a news paper too. :smile:

aaronmojo

Reaction score
Does anybody know when these puppets will actually be on display? I'm going to DC in a couple weeks and will be touring the Smithsonian American History Museum.

Also, is Kermit back at the Smithsonian, or is he still out touring? Couldn't tell from the Smithsonian website.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I was in D.C. this summer and Kermit is at the museum in the hall of popular culture (which is surprisingly small). According to the museum's blog, the Sam and Friends muppets are supposed to be on display in November but you might want to call the museum and check

Hayley B

Reaction score
I went to visit the Smithsonian twice last year. I got to see the Sam and Friends exhibit.

If you don't mind the glare. Here's my pictures of it.

and also of this Kermit.

^This is what his note says on the bottom of him

Lastly, the note for Sam and Friends.