Jim Henson's Memorial: What was your favorite part?

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Personally, I loved "Just One Person", "Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear", "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday", and "Wemblin' Fools".

Collgoff

Reaction score
My favorite parts are The poem that Jerry Nelson wrote and read about Jim Henson and the charaters that he did plus the muppeteers sing some of Jim Henson's favorite songs.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Well I shall sum it up in 7 words.

"If just one person believes in you..."

That was my favorite part, even though I'm a tough gal who hates to cry.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I'll always love Harry Belafonte's speech and that rendition of "Turn the World Around."

mo

Reaction score
I did'nt see a lot of it but I like it when frank oz came on and talked about him!

disney = muppets
walt d= jim h
ub iwerks= frank oz

mo

Reaction score
Frank's story was so funny but looking into his eyes you could tell he was more then sad.
RIP Jim Henson :jim:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Are you all talking about the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson or the memorial? Because I would never look for a favorite part to the memorial because when you do that it makes it almost like it was for entertainment, and it was not. It was to honer a great man, and to celebrate his work and his life. The emotion that was there from Frank Jerry Dave Carol Steve Kevin and Richard was real. They had just lost not only there boss, but a dear sweet friend as well. To watch the memorial witch I have not seen all of for entertainment to me is just not right. It takes away the true meaning of what it was to be and is... The ones closest to Jim:jim: full filling his last wishes in song and laughter.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Are you all talking about the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson or the memorial? Because I would never look for a favorite part to the memorial because when you do that it makes it almost like it was for entertainment, and it was not. It was to honer a great man, and to celebrate his work and his life. The emotion that was there from Frank Jerry Dave Carol Steve Kevin and Richard was real. They had just lost not only there boss, but a dear sweet friend as well. To watch the memorial witch I have not seen all of for entertainment to me is just not right. It takes away the true meaning of what it was to be and is... The ones closest to Jim:jim: full filling his last wishes in song and laughter.
As you yourself stated, the memorial was there to celebrate Jim Henson's work and life, so I don't think it's impossible to have a favorite part.