I'm an organ donor. LoL!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
I keep mine too short to do this, but yes, a great cause.

Anyone know whether clinics would test your organs for anything which might prevent an eventual donation without charging an arm and a leg (so to speak, wocka wocka) for it? I think mine could be donated, except maybe the kidneys, but have never known how to find out. (Some bad self-destructive things in my 20s. Ancient history, but may still affect some of my insides.)

---------------

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's a very good question. I've made it clear to my family that I want my organs to be recycled if they're in good enough condition when I die. I can't give blood because USDA says I'm at risk for Mad Cow disease, but I wonder of they'd turn down my organs for something so incredibly unlikely? I'd think someone who needed a heart would welcome one even if its donor was in the UK for more than 3 months in the late '80s. I'd also like to know if there might be anything else that could complicate the matter.

mo

Reaction score
I would definately donate my organs if I die but from what it seems I have at least 70 years to go...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Neato. I wish I could grow my hair long enough to do that. But if you've ever had the misfortune of seeing me when my hair gets longer than 3 inches past my shoulders you will realize how greasy and knotted it gets. Probably not the best hair. Its thick though. I've been told I have hair like a lion :stick_out_tongue:

gonzosgirl1987

Reaction score
i love the fact that you donate your hair i have before when it was long now i'm waiting for it to grow back again its really sad that your friend reacted that way when you were being a good person and doing a good deed guess you learn quickly who you need in your life and who never mattered and katzi428 i think you're a great person as well by donating what you can it all goes to a good cause and somebody is thanking you for it

mo

Reaction score
I still think my hair's too short...I don't even wash it every day!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
How people can go without washing their hair mystifies me. I can't go one day without washing my hair. Two days and I could use the grease that builds up to style it :smirk:

Reactions: mo

mo

Reaction score
How people can go without washing their hair mystifies me. I can't go one day without washing my hair. Two days and I could use the grease that builds up to style it :smirk:
I don't know I just don't like baths!

kyunkyua

Reaction score
I'd love to do something like that...but my hair is just a ball of frizz. The only people who'd want it would probably be insane. XD
Congrats on having decent enough hair to do it!

mo

Reaction score
my hair's not bad but I used to have it really short so I 'm growing it!