Custom figures and dioramas

Dearth

Reaction score
Heh heh... from a split-second appearance in the Tony Randall episode to having TWO custom action figures made!

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
I hope I'm not posting to much. Heres a new figure I'm working on, Nigel the conductor. Does anyone know what would be the best paint for his hands and head? Thanks.

And this is just a cool photo I took.

GAR

Reaction score
That is indeed VERY clever turning Lew Zealand's head upside down for Nigel!

GAR

Reaction score
Indeed really good! Will you give him some hair too? Lovely figure!!!

Over the Easter holidays I went and finished a custom that is totally a rip off from Dearth here on the boards. But ever since I first saw his Dearth Nadir figure I wanted to make one for myself as well. So rather than finishing my Miss Piggy as She-Ra figure, I created this:

Recipe is exactly the same as his version. Pez dispenser Dearth Vader head (I added a ball joint for rotation and such), Palisades Gonzo body, little bit of sculpt... Only difference (and not completely in tune with the other Palisades toys which all have cloth capes) is that I gave him a plastic cape from a Darth Vader figure.

And here he is entering the Swine Trek space ship:

Dearth

Reaction score
Hey, I did a double-take when I saw that, thinking it was mine! You know what? I think I like the plastic cape better. How did you do the knurled effect of the shirt cuffs?

I'm totally flattered that you liked my recipe well enough to use a similar approach, but you've made it your own. Way to go!

Alex

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I really like that one. You made that whole Pigs in Space set?
Wow. I also really like the Darth Nadir, Great Job.

GAR

Reaction score
Hey, I did a double-take when I saw that, thinking it was mine! You know what? I think I like the plastic cape better. How did you do the knurled effect of the shirt cuffs?
I am actually in doubt if I should keep the plastic cape or not. A cloth cape from a more current Darth Vader figure could work as well and be more in tune with the other Palisades figures... The effect on the cuffs is made with the grip of the handle of my hobby knife, which has that knurled structure. I sculpted the cuffs first, then I 'rolled' the structure onto it.

I'm totally flattered that you liked my recipe well enough to use a similar approach, but you've made it your own. Way to go!

Alex
Thanks!! Very cool to have your blessing. After all, it is your recipe I stole/borrowed. As said, ever since I first saw your custom I wanted to have one myself. My next customs will be all originals!!

I really like that one. You made that whole Pigs in Space set? Wow. I also really like the Darth Nadir, Great Job.
Thanks!!! And no, the play set is the original set by Palisades. But posed my custom in that set on my toy shelf. That is where Dearth Nadir belongs.