Ask A Muppet: Kermit responds to fans on Disney Movie Rewards

Avilos

Reaction score
Well I agree. They are married in "real life". We never saw their actual wedding. All we have is that existing scene in the movie. But its a great scene! I don't think a new one would improve on it. So it is a fine substitute for fans for whatever their private, secretive wedding would have been like.

Just a scene in a movie? Well so was their first meeting in The Muppet Movie. In the movie the characters are watching a movie based on the actual events. From my view the wedding is the same type of thing.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well I agree. They are married in "real life". We never saw their actual wedding. All we have is that existing scene in the movie. But its a great scene! I don't think a new one would improve on it. So it is fine substitute for fans for whatever their private, secretive wedding would have been like
I'm not saying we need to see an actual wedding but hearing Kermit say he either popped the question or they "did" get married would be nice. And they can could still pick on each other with marriage jokes. and joke about how their kids would be so confused in need therepy. LOL!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well I agree. They are married in "real life". We never saw their actual wedding. All we have is that existing scene in the movie. But its a great scene! I don't think a new one would improve on it. So it is a fine substitute for fans for whatever their private, secretive wedding would have been like.

Just a scene in a movie? Well so was their first meeting in The Muppet Movie. In the movie the characters are watching a movie based on the actual events. From my view the wedding is the same type of thing.
But also Manhattan was one of the rare times they didn't break the fourth wall. I look at Manhattan as just a Muppet movie nothing to do with their real lives. Just that a movie.

Avilos

Reaction score
Interesting. I have the opposite view on that part. Breaking the fourth makes the first two more actual movies. The characters doing it is them admitting its just a movie. No breaking the fourth wall makes things seem more real.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Interesting. I have the opposite view on that part. Breaking the fourth makes the first two more actual movies. The characters doing it is them admitting its just a movie. No breaking the fourth wall makes things seem more real.
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Lol!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still say a real "wedding" would kill the chemistry they have...it would just spoil everything I think.
::shrugs:: I've looked at the characters as "married" for years, it didn't spoil anything. But that's just me. :smile: :mad:

The only thing that ever spoiled the chemistry for me was some of the more awful jokes at Piggy's expense in recent years, which thankfully were absent from the new film.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
::shrugs:: I've looked at the characters as "married" for years, it didn't spoil anything. But that's just me. :smile: :mad:
Now this is something I can agree on. Like I said in another post if we wanna get technicial Kermit and Piggy are married by the studios standards. For me since I am a huge piggy and Kermie fan it is so nice that their letting Kermit not be coy anymore and are infact letting him say they're together. Because for so long he was in denial. Lol! Not anymore! And I love it!