Confirmed: Jason Segel Bows out of "The Muppets" Sequel

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That's understandable. But it really is thanks to him that The Muppets are back. If it wasn't for his love for them like all of us are who knows where The Muppets would be now. Prob still just doing small things like for the internet or TV. Although bringing back The Muppet Show wouldn't be so bad!!! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
As for writing...this could be good? I'm glad Nick Stoller and James Bobin are still on board (is Bobin involved in writing this time? Why am I asking; it's too early for details, isn't it? But does he write?). But I hope they also bring in a veteran Muppet writer or maybe somebody with an entirely new voice. And entirely new voice with a thorough, complete and loving understanding of the Muppets, that is. I think a writer half-shakeup could be a good thing. The next movie shouldn't be as nostalgia-driven or stuck in the TMS era.
Like I said before, who says that a Muppet veteran didn't help shape the script? We all know what changes were made by now, and I guess we can thank them for it. it made the movie better than what it could have been (nonstop references to them being puppets for one). There's no doubt that they'd shape the script this time to polish it up. Maybe Kirk Tatcher and Jim Lewis will suggest some more Pepe and Rizzo sequences this next time.

I'm sure there will be some nostalgic angle, but I'm hoping they drop some of the TMS tie ins and go for a much more ambitious plotline. The whole bringing the gang back together serves as such a nice springboard for who knows what. The possibilities are endless.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Whatever this movie is - it's gotta be a big adventure in the vein of Caper. What I'v wanted for years is for them to do that It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World remake - with the Muppets. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Muppet World. Send them on a huge trip around the world.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I'm still hopeful for the "cheapest muppet movie ever made" story-line. With Gonzo in the director's chair...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Just knowing there's gonna be another movie is good enough for me. I'll worry about the plot later. LOL!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I'm still hopeful for the "cheapest muppet movie ever made" story-line. With Gonzo in the director's chair...
Whatever this movie is, it definitely needs one thing: a LOT more Gonzo. Dave Goelz has been performing Gonzo now than any Muppeteer has with another character, and he's still kicking. Gonzo needs a really fun, WEIRD storyline for this next one.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Whatever this movie is, it definitely needs one thing: a LOT more Gonzo. Dave Goelz has been performing Gonzo now than any Muppeteer has with another character, and he's still kicking. Gonzo needs a really fun, WEIRD storyline for this next one.
That would be great but I have a feeling Kermit is still gonna be the main star. :/

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
That would be great but I have a feeling Kermit is still gonna be the main star. :/
Doesn't mean Gonzo can't have a bigger part than in The Muppets, where I don't think he had more than a few lines of dialogue.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Doesn't mean Gonzo can't have a bigger part than in The Muppets, where I don't think he had more than a few lines of dialogue.
I'm not saying that, I love Gonzo and think he's a great character but when it comes down to it you know that Kermit is gonna have most of the dialouge. Because well Kermit is the star. :/ I think Muppets in Space was where Gonzo was more of the star and Kermit was more of a costar so maybe they'll do something more like that in a DVD release or something.