Muppet Figures: Disney Parks

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I believe it was around the $13 region.
I was looking to buy something Muppet related while on vacation and I couldn't justify spending $20 on a set of the Star Wars characters.
They just weren't doing it for me. Didn't look of the best quality through the plastic shell.
While the PVC set is of the highest caliber in quality. Fozzie alone sold the set for me.

Dearth

Reaction score
I finally opened my Muppets-as-Star-Wars figures today, and I'm looking at them right now. I like them better than I thought I would. Compared to the Disney-as-Star-Wars figures and some various other theme-park merchandise I own (POTC ride, Haunted Mansion ride), the articulation on these is the best I've seen from Disney.

Fozzie/Chewbacca is one of my faves. And I like Sam Eagle/Obi-Wan more than I thought I would.

The worst head sculpt is sadly on the figure I wanted the most: Gonzo/Vader. His open-faced version is okay, but the proportions on his 'Dearth Nadir'-style helmet are totally off, which is sad because that helmet WAS actually made as a Muppet, so they ought to have had more reference of it than any other.

Oh, and looking at the way they put Chewie's coloration on Fozzie's nose/fur, and Han's hair color on Link, why is Piggy/Leia still blonde? Shouldn't she have been brunette?

And I'm curious to compare Camilla's stormtrooper helmet with the accessory included with Chip-n-Dale as Ewoks. I know it's a new interior, contoured to fit her head, but the exterior appears to be the same sculpt.

Alex

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score

The pvc figure set created for the Disney parks is now available on the Disney Store website for 12.95. This is a great set. I have purchased it for myself and have blended Fozzie, Rizzo, Gonzo, Animal, and Miss Piggy in my Palisades minis display. They are really perfectly scaled and I would recommend them.
http://www.disneystore.com/disney-store-official-site-for-disney-merchandise-the-muppets-figure-play-set-6-pc/mp/1304883/1000262/?D=muppet+figures&Nr=pPublished%3A1&Ntk=All_Shopping&Nu=pProductID&Ntt=muppet+figures&Dr=pPublished%3A1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!! :wink: I better get my order in before they sell out, though we are going to Disneyland later this year... maybe I should hand-pick ours? Either way, it looks and sounds like a really great set, can't wait! :big_grin:

Dearth

Reaction score
Dang... sold out before I saw this thread.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Thanks! I just ordered those, plus some plushes for my wife's birthday.

AN

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad you can buy these on the website, but it's sheer lack of foresight that they didn't have these in Disney stores. it would definitely stand out from the same old princess figure sets that they seem to have nothing but. And that one Mickey Mouse Car Wash set... which I really want actually. It has PETE!

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I'm glad you can buy these on the website, but it's sheer lack of foresight that they didn't have these in Disney stores. it would definitely stand out from the same old princess figure sets that they seem to have nothing but. And that one Mickey Mouse Car Wash set... which I really want actually. It has PETE!
Did you see there's a playset to go with the car wash/mechanic one? It comes with another Mickey but also an in scale Chip and Dale. There's also a pet shop series with Clarabelle Cow, which is pretty cute. Unrelated to this Muppet thread, but you know: Figures are cool. :cool:

Dearth

Reaction score
Got my PVC's and two plushes today... Rizzo and Walter looked waaay too cozy when I opened the box.

Posting a video soon that will show what I mean.

Alex