Muppets you wish would come back!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I liked 'em!
Gosh! You guys are like those old coots from the balcony!
Well with Muppets Tonight you either loved it hated it I think, lol. I just couldn't get into it and my parents (who didn't mind watching Muppet stuff) quickly changed the channel.

Borples

Reaction score
I liked Muppets Tonight. It was no Muppet Show, but what is? There were plenty of misses among the sketches, but that's true of any show with that sort of format--including TMS.

One thing, though. I've been watching a few eps on YT lately, and I think they were trying too hard to be edgy or something. Like they were trying to prove that the Muppets weren't just for kids, but they forgot how the Muppets achieved that in the first place, and just went for skirting-around-sex jokes and too many "grown up" pop culture references. I like the show, but I don't really let my (small) children watch it. Whereas they can watch as much TMS as their little hearts desire.

But, to keep on topic, I liked most of the MT characters ok. Including Clifford. And Andy and Randy. There! I said it! Don't ban me! :wink: I wasn't a big fan of Johnny Fiama and Sal when the show aired, but I think they're funny now. I wish Kevin Clash and Brian Henson could come back and work with the Muppets once in a while, just for grins.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
One thing, though. I've been watching a few eps on YT lately, and I think they were trying too hard to be edgy or something. Like they were trying to prove that the Muppets weren't just for kids, but they forgot how the Muppets achieved that in the first place, and just went for skirting-around-sex jokes and too many "grown up" pop culture references.
Pretty much. The Muppet Show was far more grown up than anything on Muppets Tonight. :wink:

I wasn't a big fan of Johnny Fiama and Sal when the show aired, but I think they're funny now.
I just can't like Johnny Fiama. I've had enough of our unimaginative double standard pop culture that stereotypes some groups and not others. You'd think it was still 1900 and people were still getting off the boat!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Johnny and Sal popped into my mind when I read the topic title. They had a non-speaking part in Bohemian Rhapsody but I haven't really seen them in anything else since. They're great characters and I was disappointed that they weren't even in the new movie at all, even in the background (as far as I know).

Also, Clifford needs to come back!

But I guess for Sal and Clifford to come back they'd need Brian Henson and Kevin Clash to dedicate more time to Muppeteering... or recast the characters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Johnny and Sal popped into my mind when I read the topic title. They had a non-speaking part in Bohemian Rhapsody but I haven't really seen them in anything else since. They're great characters and I was disappointed that they weren't even in the new movie at all, even in the background (as far as I know).

Also, Clifford needs to come back!
I agree about Clifford, he's awesome and that would be such a great flashback if he was in the next film. But if I never saw Johnny again that would be too soon, heh.

Rocco

Reaction score
Johnny and Sal, Spamela Hamdersen, and of course, Seymour!

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
My dear, sweet Johnny and Sal. And Clifford, too. Oh well, I always have my fanfiction!