Should we have the Muppet Central Awards this year?

Should we have the Muppet Central Awards this year?

• Total voters

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Sounds like fun but I bet we can save on time if none of the best song nominees perform.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
All kidding aside, sounds like funny. I highly doubt I'd get nominated for anything since I tend to fly under the radar, but if I can help in some way let me know.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
As award shows on TV (I think, as I haven't watched one in forever) have awards and musical numbers or whatever, perhaps "lag time" could be filled with the talent show idea?

"Here's an award. Here's an award. Here's an award. Now, a ditty from some member ... with link posted."

"Here are some more awards. Now so-and-so will recite a lovely passage from the winning fanfic."

"Here are some awards. And before we wrap up, here are some vids people have done for Muppet love. They are AMVs or edited mashups or whatnot. Heck, some people even inserted their whatnot over Walter's face to give their own inspirational speech in that one scene from the movie."

"Thank you and good night. See you again next year!"

If people have their "shows" done beforehand, we wouldn't have to wait long for them to be up so they can fit nicely between award segments.
I like that idea. They sorta did something like that last year. Every now and then people would post youtube Muppet video clips. So it wouldn't be out of place.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I remember when I was a newcomer around these parts and won favourite new member AND best MC couple (With the lovely Kiki). That was nice, even if I did get misgendered in one post.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
"You like me! You really like me!"
Oh, too soon? :big_grin: Sounds like an interesting concept though...

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
What do you guys mean by Awards Show? That sounds cool!
Every year (I think) the MC forums has done something to vote on and recognize people in the forum. We do things like Nicest Member, Most posts, Best post, stuff like that (again, I think). Then people vote on it and we do kinda like an awards show with it.