My New Fascination with Muppets!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
As Muppet Fan 123 says, it really is great to see the film creating some new Muppet fans.

My nephew who use to say that the Muppets were "for babies", now says "there's nothing wrong with the Muppets", but still won't watch any of the old movie's.
That's the same with me, it took a long time but I finally convinced my non-Muppet freind to come to the Muppets with me, and he LOVED it! What's great about the movie is, that is made more "modern" and attracts more people. He's not quite ready yet, to watch the other ones, but this movie is a great way to show people that the Muppets are not for babies.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
The reason is becuase they laugh when they hear it's puppets. Back in the 80's Jim was able to convince the world that puppets can be for adults too, I guess the world sort of forgot since then.
(So It's our job to remind them!)
You are completely right!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------
Yes -- wonderful to see so many newbies getting into it!

I was in a grocery store snagging a couple boxes of the Muppet Valentines cards last week. Kid and mom in line ahead of me, kid maybe ten, see this. The girl nods very seriously and said, "Muppets are cool." Then she turns to her mom and announces she wants Muppet Valentines too. And there is no way this kid knows enough about the old show...but likely has seen the new film or videos! I tell ya, it's enough to make this old cynic happy!

:boo: Well, then that makes one of us!
:sleep: Dohhhh ho ho ho!
---------------------