The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ssssooo many nostalgic parts from TMM, TMTM, and others: but a newly-discovered one was the song 'It Makes You Cry' sung by Boober in the episode 'River of Life'. I have never cried at Fraggle Rock before: but the way he sung that song, and then the end when all the sick and dying Fraggles chime in is just a beautifully sad moment.
Oh absolutely, that is one of Fraggle Rock's best numbers.

JennyPenny

Reaction score
This may seem odd but I cried during the most recent muppet movies rainbow connection. It was the last day to see it in theaters here, it was a small theater and there were maybe 23 people in it. Their weren't really any little kids there so it was all quiet for the most part, then the rainbow connection song started. A guy in his forties was sitting behind me and started singing along quietly, then another person nearby joined in singing a bit louder, then me and my friend joined in and soon the whole group of 20 something people ranging from 8-60 years old were just smiling and laughing together singing the parts we knew and humming those we didn't. We were all strangers and said nothing to each other afterwards but for a moment we were united by something we all loved. I cried afterwards because it was just so sad and beautiful how this is practically the end of it and that was all of our farewells to the muppets.

Gonz21

Reaction score
This may seem odd but I cried during the most recent muppet movies rainbow connection. It was the last day to see it in theaters here, it was a small theater and there were maybe 23 people in it. Their weren't really any little kids there so it was all quiet for the most part, then the rainbow connection song started. A guy in his forties was sitting behind me and started singing along quietly, then another person nearby joined in singing a bit louder, then me and my friend joined in and soon the whole group of 20 something people ranging from 8-60 years old were just smiling and laughing together singing the parts we knew and humming those we didn't. We were all strangers and said nothing to each other afterwards but for a moment we were united by something we all loved. I cried afterwards because it was just so sad and beautiful how this is practically the end of it and that was all of our farewells to the muppets.
It's not odd at all. Lots of people cried and people in the theatre I was at applauded at the end of the song and again at the end of the film. Very few films (about three) I've been to have had people applaud at the end...

Writersright

Reaction score
I always feel a bit sad and uncomfortable when I watch the bit where Kermit and the the gang sing Just One Person with I think Bernadette Peters since at least for me, the song later became synonymous with Jim Henson's memorial services.

Misskermie

Reaction score
On the Jim henson hour when Piggy was explaining how it was to be a pig in hollywood. I felt bad for her.

mo

Reaction score
i'm choosing a typical one. the first muppet movie rainbow connection *tear*

Auberoun

Reaction score
I joined this forum just after reading this entire thread, and had to reply. Most tear-inducing Muppet moments I can break down into two simple catergories. For me, they may be stereotypical, but they still cause me to tear up...yep I am a softie.

Sad
"Saying goodbye" - MTM
When Kermit has amnesia, and the rest of the gang are trying to remind them of who they are - MTM
"One Person" - TMCJH
When the Muppets read the kids letters in TMCJH

Happy
"Life is a Movie" - TMM
Jim's appearance w/ Sprocket at the end of AVMMC- you can tell he really enjoys what he does.
Jim explaining how the show works in "Of Muppets and Men" - I cry off and on through the whole thing. You can tell that he was really happy.
When Gobo sees Doc at the end of "Change of address"
Rainbow Connection in the Muppets (2011)

Traveller

Reaction score
I found the pictures in my head scene quite sad, even though I didn't really have any nostalgia for the muppet show when I saw it.

Love the song.