Gene's Kermit Replica Project

Walter

Reaction score
Not sure if you've visited CPA yet, but Kermit is still there outside Jim's room.

cute or kill

Reaction score
Good to know. I'll find time to visit the exhibition this month for sure.

yetiman

Reaction score
Hey, cute or kill...thanks so much for your instructions!

cute or kill

Reaction score
Another little update:
It's probably a good idea to make the neck a little longer, sew it in place and trim the extra length. The head pattern as described will still need adjustments that are best done when basting/sewing the pieces together. Even different fabric thickness can alter how your Kermit will look.

Studmeister17

Reaction score
Dang, dude! That head shape is PERFECT! I can't wait to see some more pics.

cute or kill

Reaction score
Thanks! More tweaks are coming. At first I thought the skull needed to be higher, but it's actually the mouth plate that should be shortened a bit. A newer prototype head is coming shortly.

MrsPiggyPiggy

Reaction score
I am struggling at this.....I know the mouth (the red) needs to be smaller than the gasket rubber (or cardboard etc.) but by how much? I didn't make it smaller the first time and my Kermit looked more like a dinosaur :frown:

cute or kill

Reaction score
I didn't use a gasket in the head pattern study. The rigid mouth plate (using a plastic folder in the prototype) and the red felt are cut the same size. The fleece is sewn inside the perimeter at bit less than 1/4 inch at the front and about 3/8 in the corners of the mouth. I would attach the throat and tongue to the red felt, sew to the fleece to the felt, glue the fleece down around the perimeter and lastly glue the felt to the mouth plate.