The 10 Worst Muppets?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So I guess I should be kicked off the forum for not liking Robin then.

Edit: I want to add that I don't hate him, I'm just indifferent of him

TripleG

Reaction score
Wow, that list is mean. He disses Janice, Scooter, Bunsen Honeydew, AND Bobo, who has become one of my favorite newer additions to the Muppets.

I actually had a hard time myself coming up with 10 Muppets that I don't like at least a little bit. But here are my answers:

First of all, I have to say that I actually like Pepe. He isn't one of my favorites, & I know he's polarizing among fans, but I think he's funny.

10) Robin = I don't hate Robin, but I can live without him. He is an overly cutesy character that, as the article says, probably would have been better suited for Sesame Street, but he had his moments.

9) Hilda = Again, I never hated her, but she felt unnecessary to the show and ultimately wasn't missed after season 1 of the Muppet Show.

8) Lips = An unnecessary addition to the already perfect Electric Mayhem.

7) George the Janitor = He's no Beauregard.

6) Skeeter = I'm cheating here since she was only featured in Muppet Babies, an animated show, but I never liked her character. It felt like her only point was to have another girl on the show just to make sure Miss Piggy isn't the only one. But at the end of the day, she was only girl Scooter, so who cares? I was never a big fan of Muppet Babies, even as a kid, mainly because it was just a cartoon, so I look back on her even worse because of it, lol.

5) Miss Mousy = I think she was supposed to be the precursor to Annie Sue Pig as Piggy's innocent rival, but she was such a non-presence even in the episode that featured her. And she looked like she was wearing a grandmother's nightgown so she didn't really feel like much of a threat to Piggy from a visual aspect. I mean Piggy must be very insecure if she's threatened by that.

This one might be controversial but....

4) Gonzo in Season 1 of the Muppet Show = OK, I love Gonzo as he is now. He might even be my favorite Muppet period. However, going back and watching Season 1, its easy to see that they had a rough time developing him as a character. First of all, the early Gonzo puppet was very unpleasant to look at and he was an unappealing character. They seemed to make him a pretentious artist that was misunderstood. I love that they eventually turned him into a very manic & crazy thrill seeking daredevil, and new more expressive look really benefited him too, but this early incarnation did fit the mold of the show. Thankfully they developed him into something much better.

3) Mr. Poodlepants = Yeah...just look at that thing. LOOK AT IT!!!!

2) Clifford = I'm not even sure what to think of this character. I take one look at him and I think its (unintentionally) offensively racist, ha ha. It feels like they wanted a Muppet with a stereotypical "African American" personality, and it just didn't gel with the other characters.

1) Bean Bunny = Obnoxious little runt, isn't he? lol. I was happy to read that even those in the Henson company "loved to hate him". The Muppets are cute in of themselves, but if you can actually create one that is so cute he's annoying, that's just amazing.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
10 wayne and wanda kind of dumb dont like
9 robin
8 lips
7 skeeter
6 bean bunny
5 manama na song with the guy the snowths are ok

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I have to admit that I love Clifford, he's so cool and slick! I love characters like that :smile: (especially Clifford <3)

And Pepe's alright in my book because he's a little prick everyone can hate on but then again, he's got a heart somewhere behind his 2 faced-ness.

Also, Scooter has always been a favorite Muppet of mine! He's so genuine, but he's not just some wannabe star struck kid because he knows how to get his way by throwing in that whole 'my uncle owns the theater'. And it was mentioned that he was the band's manager in TMM, that makes him rather important!
(emphasis on important)

I love Robin, absolutely, positively love him...those who don't have no hearts.

Janice is not talent-less! Valley girl may be her character, but she can play guitar and sing! Not to mention that Nurse Janice On Vet's Hospital is such a joy to watch!

As for Bunsen, he's so much fun! He knows his experiments are out there and that's why Beaker tests them, which is all part of the fun!

However, Poodlepants, Waldo and Wayne and Wanda belong on the worst Muppets list. The bear-looking Muppets shouldn't even count as they really seemed more like whatnots in the sense that they just filled space during Manhattan Melodies in MTM.

Misskermie

Reaction score
This list is BUPKISS (sp?). How does Robin make it - undeservingly, I'll add! If you hate Robin, you hate cute! - but not Andy and Randy? FOOLISH!
Well Randy and Andy are OK, I mean stupidy makes them funny.
THIS POST IS TOO HARD!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do international characters count?

I'm adding in Garibaldo and Gugu from Vila Sesamo... ONLY because of how ugly they look. Gugu especially...

Misskermie

Reaction score
NO! THE WORST MUPPET IS NOBODY! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Well...Actually I'd say big mean carl. he's the only muppet that hasn't made me laugh yet...