The Muppet Show - Zoot Endings

ZootSaxPlayer

Reaction score
There's also a closing shot on Playhouse Video releases in which the final shot is actually the Zoot and Rowlf shot, as used in the Season 5 opening. Below is a copyright notice. Does anybody remember that?

ZootSaxPlayer

Reaction score
Does anybody know what happens in the Henson International Television airing of the Kaye Ballard episode? Is the HIT logo already superimposed over the backstage shot or does something special happen?

ZootSaxPlayer

Reaction score
General
-------
Each Muppet Show exists in two different edits: the 'domestic', which has left-hand end credits, and is the version aired in the UK; and the 'foreign', which has centered credits and (generally) is the version produced for non-UK sales.

Season 1
--------
Domestic edits end with the 'clean' orchestra shot followed by a shot of Zoot with the ATV logo and copyright superimposed.

Of the foreign edits, the first seven shows end on the orchestra shot with the ATV logo and copyright followed by Zoot with the ITC logo/copyright . The remaining shows omit the ATV copyright.

The sole exception is the Kaye Ballard show, which ends with a shot of Nigel and Rowlf in the orchestra pit. The foreign edit supers both ATV and ITC logos over this shot. Presumably the domestic edit is similar but just used the ATV logo; I don't have a copy to check this.

Season 2
--------
Domestic: I have no tapes to check, but it seems likely that it is the same as the Season 1 ending.

Foreign: the orchestra shot is now almost invariably clean, and the ITC logo/copyright appear over Zoot as before. The ITC graphic has altered and now includes a small ATV logo as well.

There are no specially shot endings to my knowledge, but at least one show - Bob Hope - has the ITC graphic supered over the orchestra shot as well as the Zoot shot.

Season 3
--------
Domestic: as before, a clean orchestra shot followed by Zoot with the ATV logo and copyright. (Obscurely, at least one show - Spike Milligan - has an ITC copyright under the ATV logo.)

Foreign: usually a clean orchestra shot followed by Zoot with the usual ITC logo. An exception is the Leo Sayer show, where the ITC graphic is supered over the orchestra shot as well.

There are three specially shot endings this season: Loretta Lynn, Harry Belafonte, and Roger Miller.

Season 4
--------
Domestic: probably the same as Season 3; I have no tapes to check.

Foreign: the same as Season 3.

There is one known exception: the Dudley Moore show.

Season 5
--------
Domestic: clean orchestra shot followed by the same Zoot shot as for Seasons 3/4.

Foreign: as for the domestic, but with ITC logo/copyright rather than ATV.

One exception: the Mac Davis show.
Can you please upload the ITC orchestra screenshots from the Bob Hope and Leo Sayer episodes?