muppetlover123

Reaction score
yea believe it or not the muppets used to scare me so much until studio dc lol
and im getting into the spirit Season 3 of the muppet show is on its way here

chudman1000

Reaction score
yea believe it or not the muppets used to scare me so much until studio dc lol
and im getting into the spirit Season 3 of the muppet show is on its way here
Glad you are getting into the spirit. Even as an old school fan I actually enjoyed the Studio DC specials, so Im happy to hear that they brought in new fans. And as for being scared of the Muppets, no worries. As a kid I used to be completely terrified of Animal (though in my defense old school Animal even by today´s standards seems a lot scarier than the current almost cutesy Animal.) I couldn´t look at the tv screen when he was on, or even at photos of him without freaking out. Now he is one of my favorites, and I even have the Master Replicas photo puppet. Its actually kind of ironic that the thing I used to have nightmares about as a kid is actually now standing on my bedroom dresser, towering above me while I sleep! :halo:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Also on the welcome wagon, excited to see newer fans being brought in from relatively recent projects. And being scared by the Muppets can be a good thing! Since they were always for all ages including and especially adults, a lot of us oldtimers' fave memories are actually of being scared by Muppet Monsters or other freaky bits!

Studmeister17

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't intend to offend you or anyone I just wasn't aware that anyone besides hiho2the muppets had seen it or had any knowledge of the movie otherwise.

but please if you can answer my questions, I'd love to hear any thing you have to say.
I'd say: leave it to the people who have seen the screening. You stated in a comment previously that you haven't even seen it. I think its best to let the people who KNOW answer the questions.
No offense.

Studmeister17

Reaction score
No Big Mean Carl?

Ok...hold the phone. Disney's Muppet team have for the last three years been building up Big Mean Carl, Pepe and Rizzo as some of the main characters next to the other guys. And while I am beyond thrilled Scooter and Rowlf are FINALLY back to the spotlight with good voices,
it puzzles me why Carl/Pepe/Rizzo are pretty much MIA. Is Segal completely unaware of anything after 1984? Or was this a Disney decision?

Also, that Trejo scene was perfect! They cut it?

And THEY CUT THE MAHNA MAHNA BUS GAG? That was one of the only few scenes I even liked in the full length trailer.

Sadly, from all Im reading and gathering it doesn't sound like there is that many surprises. I could be wrong, but so far it sounds like the only surprises are obscure TMS characters being present(which in itself is cool) and some visual gag references to past productions. Nothing too "holy batmobile! nooo way!" worthy.

I still cant believe they dont have Walter going online to look for Muppet info or Muppet forums/blogs/sites. I think they blew it on that one. Also, rushed ending? eeeeshh
Calm down, dude. Its not that big of a tragedy. As they said: the screening was a raw cut. Its not the entire thing. So just cool it and wait for the movie to come out.

beaker

Reaction score
Well it's what we expected though...there will not be a retweaking to the point of major line inclusion. My point is that Disney has really put a spotlight on the newer characters in the 2008-2011 viral videos online; but have pretty much scrubbed them from the big shining theatrical vehicle. I am not the only one who finds it bizarre some of the main Muppets post JH are missing in action as much as I understand their wanting to turn the time back to pre Jim Henson passing.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Thank you so much to the people who saw the screening and who are answering these questions!

Ru- so glad you aksed about the Kermit/Piggy dymanic and was estatic when I read the answer! I didn't think it was possible for me to be more excited about this movie but I definitely am!!!!

For the people who saw the screening, I have a couple of questions:

Does Piggy have a lot of great costumes/outfits?

Is Kermit really sad/down/depressed for most of the movie?- After seeing a lot of the trailers one of my main concerns is that Kermit is really down, depressed and sort of weak all the time now where before he was a lot more witty, teasing and more agressive instead of giving in to everyone all the time.

I know you have expressed difficulties with comparing Piggy's character in this movie to her other movies but what I would really like to know is if her character in this movie is more of the one-dimension diva-ness with Piggy being highly agressive and rude that we have been seeing lately or is her character finally more that just one dimension and contains some of the wittiness and genuine sweetness that we used to see in Piggy's performances. I loved her when she was witty and histerical during TV show appearances in the 80's and 90's where there were so many dimensions to her character so I was wondering if you could give us your opinion on Piggy's character dimensions from what you saw at the screening.

Thank you so much for answering all of our questions! I can't wait to read your response and so jealous that you saw a preview screening!!!