Your Thoughts: The Muppets Green Album

What is your favorite song from The Green Album?

• The Muppet Show Theme - OK Go

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - Weezer

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Mahna Mahna - The Fray

• Movin' Right Along - Alkaline Trio

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Our World - My Morning Jacket

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Halfway Down The Stairs - Amy Lee

• Mr. Bassman - Sondre Lerche

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Wishing Song - The Airborne Toxic Event

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Night Life - Brandon Saller

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Bein' Green - Andrew Bird

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I Hope That Something Better Comes Along - Matt Nathanson

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I'm Going to Go Back There Someday - Rachael Yamagata

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My top two faves are The Wishing Song and The Muppet Show Theme. They both demonstrate the most band-style creativity while maintaining true to the spirit and melody of the original.

I also like Weezer's Rainbow Connection. There's nothing wrong with singing the song straight, but I expected something more original sounding from them.

The most disappointing song is Mahna Mahna from the Fray. Whatever it is they tried to do just didn't work. I'll be sliding Cake's version of the song into that slot instead.

LisaMonster

Reaction score
The most disappointing song is Mahna Mahna from the Fray. Whatever it is they tried to do just didn't work. I'll be sliding Cake's version of the song into that slot instead.
I agree with this. It's just pretty "bleh" and kind of breaks the flow of the album, imho

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I'm curious why "Our World" is included on this album. I think it's a fantastic song, but it seems like an odd choice for this album. Any insight into this?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't know how they managed to get it slipped in but i'm glad they did. Not only is it by far one of the best tracks, but My Morning Jacket were let down twice before when they tried to do something Muppet related so i figure Diz owed 'em one!! Besides now fans actually have a neat lil' bargaining chip - Diz was nice enough to allow a Henson song from Emmet Otter to Disney for inclusion on Green Album, so now hopefully The Mouse will return the favor and allow the frog to appear in an uncut video release of the special now! It's only fair.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I will be honest, I did not like it that much. I hate, as beaker put it, that mall pop punk Hot Topic sound. Why do all men have to sing like girls?

OK Go was interesting. At least they put their own spin on it. It was better than most of the other songs.
Weezer was probably the best on here, and thats saying a lot coming from me.
The Fray and Sondre Lerche (who?) sounded bored beyond belief
I dont mind Alkaline Trio, but they just weren't doing it for me.
Brandon Saller (again, who?) did the second best if you ask me. The drum solo ruined it though. I hate drum solos.

I wont even bother commenting on anything else as its mostly negative

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Downloaded the album at midnight and I love it! I love ok go, the drum solo in Night Life (because it's actually in the song to begin with) and most of the other interpretations. This album might have an indie and sometimes emo vibe, but it is not anything Hot Topic related. Love the album or hate it, I think that's an incorrect assignation. I understand people wanting something more traditional-sounding, but it appears to me that most of the criticism comes from fans who would have preferred an actual Muppet album. That's a legitimate point and they should have reissued the classic soundtracks years ago. The new one is coming soon when the movie hits.

So yeah, I'm a happy frogboy!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Downloaded the album at midnight and I love it! I love ok go, the drum solo in Night Life (because it's actually in the song to begin with) and most of the other interpretations. This album might have an indie and sometimes emo vibe, but it is not anything Hot Topic related. Love the album or hate it, I think that's an incorrect assignation. I understand people wanting something more traditional-sounding, but it appears to me that most of the criticism comes from fans who would have preferred an actual Muppet album. That's a legitimate point and they should have reissued the classic soundtracks years ago. The new one is coming soon when the movie hits.

So yeah, I'm a happy frogboy!
I actually forgot Night Life had a drum solo, but guess I forgot about it because I hate drum solos :smirk:

And I'm going to laugh if the cd ends up in Hot Topic.

I dunno. The bands they picked just aren't my type of music. I like aggressive, angry music, not nice girly men music. But whatever floats your boat.

Also, am i the only one who feels the Foo Fighters should have done something?

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I think there are some odd choices on here and I still wonder how "Our World" made it on the album, but the second half of the album has grown on me. I really like " I Hope that Something Better Comes Along" especially since that song hasn't really been heard on an album for a long time now.

I'm really not a fan of OK Go's take on The Muppet Show Theme as I don't think they really captured the song's essence. I think "Night Life" sounds like the song most likely to be played on the radio - it feels the least like a Muppet Song, which could be why it hasn't really shown up on any other albums.

It's an okay collection of songs by an okay selection of artists.